28 replies to this topic

#1 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:37 AM

So what's everyone doing on their minis or at home whilst on lockdown?

#2 MiddletoM

MiddletoM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:53 AM

completed my mini just before all this corona stuff got bad, Now working on my dads. New floors, door jams and flitch panels, A panels, battery box, rear subframe mounts, rear lower corner repairs, new headlight rings, wing repair, underside paint and stonechip then clutch and general engine service.

Was planning on getting his mini ready for L2B but thats been moved so no rush now but im 60% done now. not bad for just over a weeks work.

#3 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:03 AM

I have just got on top of the initial teething problems after an engine change and was looking forward to some longer drives including going to the rolling road.  Curses, foiled again.

Will probably do some of those little jobs that I never get round to doing like removing and repainting the number plate carrier ready to fit the Tippers 70s plate I bought which looks way better than the all plastic one.

Might even give the van a polish!

#4 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 25 March 2020 - 11:46 AM

Ordered a load of parts for the Mini's engine and gearbox, once the weather turns and the stuff actually arrives, it's engine out and build time! ?

#5 jeffster06

jeffster06

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:00 PM

I just received my two piece front from arc angels.... looking at it I feel I might be in over my head so I am fighting myself on cutting the front off my car. My state isn't locked down yet so I might just go for some long drives then take the plunge.

#6 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:06 PM

Making the list even longer... ?
Can't get to my project now I have time, can't access my parents as they are 167km away and on the other side of a closed border, and to make thing even better, I ran out of gas and can't go to the shop because it's closed.
Home is nice and clean tho. ?

Edited by MacGyver, 25 March 2020 - 12:07 PM.

#7 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

Dropped all my seats off to Andy at optimise last week for a re-trim so sadly the duchess is house bound in lockdown. Sod's law the sun came out on Monday!

#8 g0myw

g0myw

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:29 PM

well having spent the winter in a cold garage getting it all ready for the spring ...
I'd have been better waiting 'til now in the relative warm!!
Oh well ...
Thinking about exhaust, engine mounts, subframe mounts... [ but just thinking]

#9 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:33 PM

Tidying up my fibreglass roof. A few gaps at the base which need filling ?. Not the best work i have done lol. Awaiting a delivery from minispares which will keep me busy

#10 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,014 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:19 PM

I have a big list:

1. Complete the resto of the 1990 Cooper road-rally car. Not much left to do now.

2. Rebuild the pair of HS4 carbs for the 1990 Cooper then fit them.

3. Take the instrument panels out of the '64 rally Cooper 'S' and fit the 120 mph speedo once it has been rebuilt. Take off the twin H4 carbs and re-build them with a kit from Mini Spares. Sort out the electrical fault in the wiper/fuel gauge circuit.

4. Do the complete restoration of my Grandson's 1985 Mayfair. Lots of lovely welding, full re-paint in red with a black roof. It will be a MK.1 998 Cooper replica.

5. Tidy my workshop and sort out all the parts I have which I may not want.

That should take me through until the end of September and I hope we shall not be having to isolate after that.

#11 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 25 March 2020 - 05:57 PM

doing some work on My ERA

era%200026.jpg

era%200022.jpg

era%200027.jpg

#12 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:20 PM

Go to work every day. Joys of NHS work lol (not a complaint is what it is)

#13 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

Still working ATM - I do work that vaguely supports the freight railway so might be considered key work but I'm not that sure :unsure: ? (My kids are grown up so not clogging the schools)

Although things are fairly quiet in Northampton I am surprised how many people I see. When I think about it I guess we still need a lot of people to work to keep just the important things going

All the food producers, energy producers, supermarkets, food based shops, delivery drivers to these things, petrol stations, police, fire, ambulance, NHS, armed forces, public transport for those workers that haven't got a car (mini?) to get to work, some teachers, politicians!   - I bet there are loads if you put your mind to it

What about those people you wouldn't think about being on lockdown - spies - are they still working? Strippers? Prostitutes... or does that count as a maximum two person gathering :D   Any others?

Just my luck, I had three days off last week and it chucked it down every day (I have to work outside on the mini) but fortunately managed a bit over the weekend; of course this week would have been great but now I hear it's going to be chuffing freezing at the weekend - typical  :angry:

What I actually did at the weekend by the way - I added a mobile phone charging point, a 12v socket and hard wired a dash-cam power source 

#14 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:58 PM

I've only got my brand new sparkly MotoLita  steering wheel to fit  :D and a new clutch MC to fit, that's about it.  I'll have to start inventing problems :-)

#15 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

Formally known as wreckitralph

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 05:46 PM

nothing atm need to collect parts and with everything as it is thats me stuffed best thing is said parts are only  15 miles away include a rather large turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users