#1 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,845 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:43 AM

It is with great sadness that Ross Perkins, - SAMC and NSWMC Member from 1985 to 1997, - passed away on Saturday 18th April.

Ross was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor about 16 months ago and sadly lost his battle a few days.

He was a great mate over the past 35 years and a wonderful Ambassador for the Moking community.

Ross leaves behind his loving wife Cath and his sons Sam and Tom.

I met Ross in 1985, we had very similar Mokes a few numbers apart, same colours and models. Ross joined our club and was always one of the first to step up to the plate when there was a job to be done. For a few years, we ran our club meetings from his store in Archer Street, Chatswood, NSW.

Ross and I spent about 5 years on the Rally circuit, traveling around the state to part-take in various events in his very well prepare Mitsubishi Galant. We did this never to win or gain any places, but, just enjoy the sport and have some fun. Ross's Galant rarely failed to bring us to the final check point and then get us home. While we never took it too seriously nor set any high ambitions on any event, however In our very last event we we did come in 2nd outright against a moderately large and well experienced teams, including none other than Calos Sainz. Yes, he was sweeping our wheeltracks :D

Ross and his girlfriend at the time, Cath, came away on one of the club's bigger trips that was to be to 3 corner posts of some of our states, but rains saw that go not too far. All the same, Cath came to the rescue, taking us to the NSW Opal Fields and to her dad's plot, an experience I'll never forget.

A few years later, they wedded and had two wonderful children, Sam and Tom. Tom is now a second generation Moker.

My wife was a Bridesmaid and myself a Groomsman at their wedding and Ross was a Groomsman and Cath a Bride's Maid at our own wedding.

We'll miss you mate.

9U2zjwC.jpg

#2 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:49 AM

Sadly, our bodies aren't made to last a lifetime.

#3 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:19 PM

Sorry to hear that for you Chris, sounds like he was a proper 'bezzy'

#4 Halfpint

Halfpint

Learner Driver