They do now !

#32 Mcbudge

Mcbudge

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:58 AM

So I’ve just measured it and it’s at 49 and 1/8”, so only 1/8” narrower!

#33 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:33 PM

so subframe looks to be OK.  that leaves the trunnions themselves or the bushes you're using

trunnions - you want c.92mm to the shoulder below the threaded section. the shoulder butts up to the inner mounting presumably to stop the bushes being overcompressed

Ly0GUAs.jpg

ztKqwYB.jpg

if the trunnions are ok, then it only leaves the bushes as these fix the relative position of the mounting brackets to the subframe

edit : just noticed you appear to have the bushes fitted the wrong way round.  may be part of the issue

Edited by KTS, 05 May 2020 - 01:36 PM.

#34 Mcbudge

Mcbudge

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:17 PM

so subframe looks to be OK. that leaves the trunnions themselves or the bushes you're using

trunnions - you want c.92mm to the shoulder below the threaded section. the shoulder butts up to the inner mounting presumably to stop the bushes being overcompressed

Ly0GUAs.jpg
ztKqwYB.jpg

if the trunnions are ok, then it only leaves the bushes as these fix the relative position of the mounting brackets to the subframe

edit : just noticed you appear to have the bushes fitted the wrong way round. may be part of the issue

I originally had them fitted the way in your picture, but this still didn’t help. Made it fractionally better but not quite there!
I’ve fitted them this way as nicklouse had this picture of what looks like the workshop manual (posted on page 1 of this thread) that shows the bushes orientation. I’ve attached the picture here.
Measured the trunnions at 92 and 91.5 so they’re okay!

Attached Files

Edited by Mcbudge, 05 May 2020 - 04:22 PM.

#35 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,947 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 05 May 2020 - 04:23 PM

Correct Rover 1996 year manual.

#36 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:04 PM

..in that case, although it's not a '96 car, but i am using the single piece bushes, i'd better put mine on the right way round  >_<

#37 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,947 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

..in that case, although it's not a '96 car, but i am using the single piece bushes, i'd better put mine on the right way round >_<

AKM7169 Rover service manual 92-96

#38 BronkoMini

BronkoMini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Fixers

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:50 PM

Any updates on this as I’ve just come across the same issue. But on a heritage whole floor and the old bushes still in the subframe?

#39 Mcbudge

Mcbudge

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:11 PM

Any updates on this as I’ve just come across the same issue. But on a heritage whole floor and the old bushes still in the subframe?

I’m afraid not! I’ve set my trunnions at the 50.5” gap and then lined the new panel up like this. I will look in further detail when I come to refit the subframe!

#40 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 11:34 PM

I think you’re making this rather more complicated that it needs to be.

If your heel board measures 50.5 inches from centre to centre on the trunnion mounting holes the panel’s fine fit it to the car.

If you’re struggling to fit the subframe then loosen the trunnion pins so that you can wriggle the trunnions around and get them lined up.
If you’re really struggling then bolt the trunnions with the rubber bushes fitted then lift the subframe up and slide the pins in.

#41 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,727 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:32 AM

Its an old car repaired over the years by questionable parts made on old tooling using bushes of unknown properties.I would bolt it in and forget about it.It is massively over secured and is going nowhere once in.Just my view.Steve..

#42 Mcbudge

Mcbudge

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 11:18 AM

My biggest concern was that the trunnions were not actually sitting against the shoulder of the bush, and I was just wondering whether that was okay or whether there was an issue with my subframe. Like I’ve said, I’ve spaced my trunnions to 50.5” and have lined up half the rear heelboard on this, then will line the other half up the same next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users