1983 Mini City
Posted 17 December 2020 - 09:05 AM
Posted 17 December 2020 - 02:58 PM
I thought I had ordered a scuttle panel, but I must have removed it from my cart before placing order. Will try to remove the existing scuttle with a small Dremel cutting disc to cut at A pillar, drill out spot welds, then try to remove full front in one go....
Posted 18 December 2020 - 05:27 AM
16mm bar, through the guide sleeve with a pilot on the end of bar that matches up with pilot hole on end of adjustable reamer, everything is a nice snug fit
Posted 22 December 2020 - 05:27 PM
New bearing pressed in with the help of M16 threaded bar....but looked around and noticed the plastic sleeve...doh! Forgot to put it in...
Tried to tap out the bearing gently but wasn't successful, pinched a bit of the casing and caught one of the needles.
You can see one of the needles pushed outwards against the casing..
Took the bearing out of the repair kit for the opposite side to at least get one side finished.
All assembled and touched up any paint chips...
Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:25 PM
Decided to start taking off the front end, drilled out all the spot welds on the drivers wing to avoid any further damage to the inner wing. Passenger side was easier as I just cut through the inner wing.
I didn't even need to do much to get passenger A panel off, literally fell off after I removed wing.
Inner wing was very difficult to remove, thanks to the dodgy repair that had been done. A patch was weld to the inner and outer A posts, then was losing light so couldn't see where spot welds where along floor panel, so nipped it off an inch or so into the inner wing.
A bit of cleaning up to do on the cross member, next I'm planning on removing the scuttle panel to get better access to the top of the inner wings and closing panels
Posted 10 January 2021 - 03:55 PM
No joy, contact adhesive will come off with white spirit but the staining that has gone through the preferrated material and the overspray is just too much to try and save it, time for the bin unfortunately.
Even it rods are a bit rusty, need a good cleaning but salvageable.
Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:24 PM
These almost came up as good as new...
Someone was a bit heavy handed with the glue...
Overspray, glue weeping through and rust staining...
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users