2 replies to this topic

#1 Jdanckert

Jdanckert

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys, when searching for how to wire a Stereo into my 1993 Austin Mini from scratch I couldn't find any visual information. The descriptions on this thread http://www.theminifo...o-from-scratch/ are great but sometimes you need visuals to get your head around it. I have translated the above description into a wiring diagram for a basic 2 rear speaker system. I am also planning to install the Stereo over the weekend so will try and remember to take photos when doing it to add to this post for anyone who is trying to figure it out in future. Let me know what you think/if it is helpful/if it is wrong or anything you would do different and I can update it to suit.

Cheers

JD

Attached Files

#2 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:15 PM

Hi There. Any reason to take the permanent live from the starter solenoid? I would take permanent live at the fuse box either fused or unfused (adding an inline fuse of course if going from the unfused side) if you were already taking an ignition live from the fuse box (might as well keep them in the same area?)

Quite a few minis ('76 on?) would already have an ignition live (LG/W) and although I've never had one it seems that the latest minis ('92 on so including your '93?) would already have both permanent and ignition live wired already for a radio (Radio/cassette don'cha know!.......sorry went all '90's there)

#3 brownspeed

brownspeed

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 09:18 AM

For a live feed that is fed when the ignition is on; you can piggy back off the feed to the fan (and its not far from the head unit)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users