Drobb1985

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Local Club: Aberdeen Mini Owners Club

Posted 27 July 2020 - 04:54 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a set of wets and wet rims (10") for my circuit racer and the only stipulation is that they must be in Section L 1a, 1b or 1c of the blue book. Compounds are free.

I'm not restricted on budget so the simple question is - what's the best combination I can get? I'm assuming that the narrower, the better with regards to rims so 10x4? And on the rubber, I'm completely clueless. I see that you can get Dunlop Miglia wets but as they're a controlled tyre they don't seem to have a model number and also not sure how good they actually are.

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,934 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:46 PM

You need to ask racers in your events. But I just use the same rubber for wet and dry. Just old drys cut with a patten.

#3 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:29 PM

Mini Seven use narrower Dunlop CR65 and CR70 10" tyres on 5" rims:-

TYRES:TR.5.19.9.1The following is mandatory:

Cars must use treaded tyres of 500L x 10 size. These may be CR70 or CR65 tread pattern In CR70 tread pattern only 204 compound tyres must be used on the front wheels while either 204 or 484 compound tyres may be used on the rear wheels.In CR65 tread pattern only 484 compound tyres must be used, on both front and rear wheels.It is not permitted to run a mix of CR70 and CR65 tread pattern tyres on the car at any time.

For Mini Miglia 7" (max) wide rims:-

TYRES:TR.5.20.9.1The following is mandatory: Cars may use slick (dry weather) or treaded (wet weather) factory-cut tyres to a pattern approved by the Championship, of size 160/490 x 10.The compound is free. If used, the 599 compound (or any replacing it) can only be used at the rear. It is not permitted to run a mix of slick (dry weather) and treaded (wet weather) tyres on the car at any time.

http://www.mini7.co....opy_amended.pdf

Edited by mab01uk, 27 July 2020 - 07:36 PM.

#4 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:53 PM

Miglia Dunlops will be can be ordered from HP Types (details from Mini Seven Website)

UK Tyre Supplier (Dunlop)

HP Tyres Ltd
Units 5&6 Broad March Trade Park Long March Industrial Estate Daventry, Northants, NN11 4HE Tel: 01327 301887
Email: [email protected]

The Advan A032R are MSA List 1B.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users