#46 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 11:12 PM

I did it the other way round Craig.

refused to have a smartphone until last year. Just made do with a simple Nokia which I rarely left the house with.

it was so nice to be uncontactable but for changing personal reasons, I had to have one.

Ben

Interesting! How are you finding the transition? 

To be honest, at first I carried the phone at work so I could be contactable but then I started using it to phone customers and suppliers to save waiting for an office phone to be free and then started using it for web browsing in my breaks and now I use it to update build threads on here and take it everywhere.

How are you finding the transition?

I never saw this comment! sorry! I know what you mean. It scares me how they've made themsleves irreplaceable. I had to buy a Nokia to make calls and texts, a Satnav, a torch, an MP3 player, a paper notebook.. and a backpack to carry it all round in, haha. Music Magpie paid me £325 though.. which was nice. I think that carrying around a backpack with all that in is a small price to pay for total presense. It's funny, I was at the Vets waiting the other day, and I found myself looking around in the room.. and even interacted with the staff there. Previously at the first moment of boredom or anxiety my eyes would be straight on the screen where they would remain until my wait was over. I don't miss it at all. At the moment I can say, it's probably the best thing I've done!

Hope you're keeping good, mate. And that wherever you work on your Mini has good heating. Brrrr

#47 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 07:22 PM

You can join me in meditation <3

https://youtu.be/ubY0rxSky4s

MOT coming up on the van this week. I'm not worried, she's a good'un.

I also just renewed the insurance for the year. I wasn't planning on driving the van over winter but I've not been able to find a cheap enough daily to justify swapping. I would go for a later Metro or Maestro or something but it seems like there's no bargains out there at the moment! These aren't cheap cars to drive for a few months and then sell on anymore.. it seems like even the 2000 era MG's get good money these days. Gone are the days or picking up a ZR for £400 and driving it for 3 months and selling it on for more than you paid!

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 12 October 2020 - 07:28 PM.

#48 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:13 PM

Was it a kadhampa Buddhist place you went to?

#49 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 11:57 PM

Hey! Sure was, I stayed at Nagarjuna Kadampa in Northamptonshire for a while. More recently Aruna Ratanagiri in Northumberland which is a Theravada monastery.

#50 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:58 PM

Hey! Sure was, I stayed at Nagarjuna Kadampa in Northamptonshire for a while. More recently Aruna Ratanagiri in Northumberland which is a Theravada monastery.

My mum is a ordained Buddhist with them. She lives at the big one in Ulverston.

#51 rally515

rally515

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:03 PM

Hi Craig, Been quite some time since I logged into TMF for a natter with anyone since life moves forward and circumstances change around us.

Just want to say thank you for posting a sort of written blog with pictures about your daily life and experiences.

Currently 26, living at home on the cheap building myself a T4 campervan.

I myself am not sure where my life's heading, but I know for sure the VanlIfe community, be it hobbyists or full timers, they're a great and honest bunch that I want to stick around amongst.

Wishing you well, following your Youtube channel to watch a few videos of yours later :) 

Cheers,

Cliff

#52 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:25 AM

Good vans these, much better than the reinvented version from 10 years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users