Photo

2000 Mini Cooper Mpi Non-Starter - Clicking

Best Answer Beanie_again , 15 November 2020 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Sorry, forgot to post an update - took the grille off, took the radiator pipe off for better access, cleaned up the spade connector on the starter motor, and all up and running again!

Thanks again for your help and advice, turned out to be an inexpensive fix - this time :lol:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beanie_again

Beanie_again

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

Hi

So I've had a good and reliable relationship with the 2000 Mini Cooper modified with a 1380 engine that I bought 3 years ago - taken it on a track day at Castle Combe and done lots of silly things with it, it never fails to put a big stupid smile on my face:

Attached File  Mini.jpg   146.56K   1 downloads

I've now given it to my son, and after a few weeks of use it now refuses to start. I thought it might be a flat battery (batter was new 3 months ago), so I jumped it from my car and it eventually started.

It now refuses to start at all, giving a relay clicking noise from the engine management relay pack YWB100970 43X, but nothing else. Checked all the fuses and other relays, but I'm a bit stuck now! By plugging and unplugging the relay pack I have heard the fuel pump kick in (with a little wheeze near the intake) - but the starter motor refuses to do anything.

Think it's an electrical problem - maybe a bad earth - has anyone got any ideas of the best locations to check?

Thanks in advance...

Paul

#2 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:50 AM

Check the connections on the starter motor first. especially the spade connector.

#3 mpialan

mpialan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 01:42 PM

Did you ever resolve the non starting issue?

#4 Beanie_again

Beanie_again

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 05:35 PM   Best Answer

Thanks for the replies!

Sorry, forgot to post an update - took the grille off, took the radiator pipe off for better access, cleaned up the spade connector on the starter motor, and all up and running again!

Thanks again for your help and advice, turned out to be an inexpensive fix - this time :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users