#16 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 24 November 2020 - 04:19 PM

The Mighty Car Mods mini (1275 with vmax supercharger and injection) was changed to be port injected - but there aren't any details of what they did unfortunately.

About 2:20 in this video he mentions it

Some of the tuning stuff is here

They moved them to under the charger to wet manifold, however it didn't work. Moog's biggest issue is he was running standard compression ratio bans trying to fuel it correctly. It wasn't making the power without knocking.

This is kinda what I'm thinking of doing, trying to put 1 injector per "runner" as far away from the head as practically possible (as previously mentioned I've gotta do some mock ups). Still struggling to find many people who have done this and photographed their manifolds...

I've seen a few where people are injecting with 2 injectors at a single point farther away from the head but I don't see the benefit of this compared to 1 injector per "side", I'm still very early stages so I'll keep researching.

As soon as you move the injectors apart, you create headaches for fuelling.

#17 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:12 PM

That's a great resource, thanks.

The Mighty Car Mods mini (1275 with vmax supercharger and injection) was changed to be port injected - but there aren't any details of what they did unfortunately.

They moved them to under the charger to wet manifold, however it didn't work. Moog's biggest issue is he was running standard compression ratio bans trying to fuel it correctly. It wasn't making the power without knocking.

This is kinda what I'm thinking of doing, trying to put 1 injector per "runner" as far away from the head as practically possible (as previously mentioned I've gotta do some mock ups). Still struggling to find many people who have done this and photographed their manifolds...

I've seen a few where people are injecting with 2 injectors at a single point farther away from the head but I don't see the benefit of this compared to 1 injector per "side", I'm still very early stages so I'll keep researching.

Ok, this is going to be steep learning curve I think

#18 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:13 PM

https://www.starchak.ca/

That's a great resource, thanks.

Ok, this is going to be steep learning curve I think

http://www.turbomini...p=vt&tid=620339

Worth a read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users