4 replies to this topic

#1 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:33 PM

This is my dads mini he drove about for 2-3 years but unfortunately tin worm has got the better of it and he hasn't got the time or money to do anything with it. Needs alot of bodywork, alot. Has been sat on the driveway for a couple of years.

Runs and drives fine, never let him down mechanically it's been spot on but like I say corrosion and poor repairs in the past have got the better of it. Oversills are fitted.

Engine runs fine, single carb typical 998cc setup.

Is it worth anything as a whole lump?

Cheers

b5m2HKch.jpg

hfysYXqh.jpg

Z3c5u57h.jpg

kTi5J0ih.jpg

szAcIurh.jpg

G0wm7awh.jpg

Zr23VW6h.jpg

FcWqbYUh.jpg

Gu6bPpIh.jpg

pfloBFbh.jpg

6hn09Uah.jpg

LkvitAyh.jpg

gG7Xfigh.jpg

zHol069h.jpg

o81jkQEh.jpg

BtOMfEeh.jpg

Fn8mbnth.jpg

Thanks

Edited by RooBoonix, 26 November 2020 - 12:35 PM.

#2 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:14 PM

As a restoration project, it is certainly worth reasonable money as a complete car.

Plenty worse than that get bought and restored all the time.

If you are looking to sell, then you could invite offers but do your homework first.

Look on Ebay and find cars similar to yours in condition and see what they ended up going for.

You would need to do an advanced search and change the parameter to completed listings or sold listings and then you will get some ideas on value.

It's too hard to tell from your pictures how bad or good it is to really have a good idea on what it would be worth.

Cheers

Ben

#3 beardylondon

beardylondon

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:37 PM

As we all know minis tend to rot from the inside out, so I would guess it will need a lot of welding, oversills are never a good sign.

I would estimate £1200-1800 to the right person. As Ben says have a look on ebay, there’s a sprite on there at the moment, which looks in worse condition than this.

Please note it has has lost its original seats, it is fitted with 1990/1 Cooper Mainstream seats, same material as checkmate seats, just different arrangement of fabric. Not a big deal, especially as they look in good condition.

Also, as you probably know, it has non original wheels.

One thing that looks odd to me, it has the squarer style 70s/early 80s column stalks, not the correct late 80/90s ones, it could have been built out of multiple mini parts, especially as the doors appears to be purple on the inside. But it is what it is!

Edited by beardylondon, 29 November 2020 - 09:44 PM.

#4 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 10:08 PM

As we all know minis tend to rot from the inside out, so I would guess it will need a lot of welding, oversills are never a good sign.

I would estimate £1200-1800 to the right person. As Ben says have a look on ebay, there’s a sprite on there at the moment, which looks in worse condition than this.

Please note it has has lost its original seats, it is fitted with 1990/1 Cooper Mainstream seats, same material as checkmate seats, just different arrangement of fabric. Not a big deal, especially as they look in good condition.

Also, as you probably know, it has non original wheels.

One thing that looks odd to me, it has the squarer style 70s/early 80s column stalks, not the correct late 80/90s ones, it could have been built out of multiple mini parts, especially as the doors appears to be purple on the inside. But it is what it is!

I saw that sprite on ebay, certainly looks to be in worse condition but nonetheless this still needs "the works" as you correctly point out they rot from the inside out.

Thanks for the valuation, I'll have to get it advertised properly and try find it's next home. 

It's a shame really as my dad really enjoyed driving it (he only bought it because I had one and he wanted to come to L2B etc.. with me) but he just hasn't got the time or space to do a restoration on it

Edited by RooBoonix, 29 November 2020 - 10:09 PM.

#5 dyshipfakta

dyshipfakta

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 11:15 AM

There is a mini in worse if not the same nick on eBay at the mo with bids at 1000 start so imagine that will end up being 1500 quid. So agree with the other valuations really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users