#1 jord990

jord990

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:36 PM

Hi all,

Bit of a niche request this one, but just wondering what is necessary to fully remove the immobiliser and 5as system from my car?

Please mods, delete if asking this question presents a risk for other users car security...

I am sending off my ECU to have the immobiliser bypassed but I am still stuck with the 5as box and about a dozen wires to its plug on my loom. I take it the alarm system will still be active but the vehicle will not be immobilised any more? Please advise on this one. The loom is out of the car and I have made repairs and modifications for the new dash I am planning for and I am coming to the end of the work required apart from this last important bit.

So does anybody know the process required for modifying the loom to remove the connection for the 5as box? I was told that I would need to bypass the starter motor circuit to enable cranking? Is this true. I would just like to enter, and be able to start the engine like all other mini models before the MPI and not have to rely on this immobiliser/alarm system and keyfobs.

I would be very greatful if somebody with the knowledge would share this with me as I am at a very exciting point with my project. ^_^

#2 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:45 PM

Paul Brown:

[email protected]

is the man for this, he's in Brighton and very familiar with the 5AS.

#3 jord990

jord990

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:05 PM

Paul Brown:

[email protected]

is the man for this, he's in Brighton and very familiar with the 5AS.

Many thanks for your speedy reply, Quinlan Minor.

I shall give Paul a message.

In the mean time if anybody has any knowledge to offer, thanks.

#4 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:14 PM

If you are sending the MEMS ECU to have the immobiliser bypassed by a professional ECU repair shop then you don’t need to modify the wiring. They change the internal code so that MEMS doesn’t wait on the 5AS sending the matching code.

FS

Edited by FlyingScot, 18 January 2021 - 11:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users