3 replies to this topic

#1 Tornado99

Tornado99

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:38 AM

Just fitted a pair of Tex rectangular door mirror glass replacements. This to improve existing flat glass field of view. Quite easy to do the swap, just had to fiddle the black plastic surrounds away from housing edges using some stiff plastic scraper blade. Glass comes away and new piece fitted. Has foam on the edges as spacer and new plastic surround included.

Seems to be a big improvement. Now I get about 1 car width visible fully behind my rear bumper instead of just a quarter panel of a following car.

Minispares part number is GAM208A and run less than $10 each, two needed.

#2 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:18 AM

Convex mirrors are a definite improvement on older style and small mirror because you can angle the mirror outwards a little more giving a wider field of view. Nice one :)

#3 Tornado99

Tornado99

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:04 AM

First test drive today since fitting the convex glass. Huge improvement. Had to keep reminding myself to actually look in the mirrors now instead of avoiding them, using the interior rearview or shoulder checking as was my habit with the useless flat glass type. 

One of the best improvements I've done on the car so far. 

#4 Stevie W

Stevie W

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:50 AM

+1 for convex door mirror glass and gave a huge improvement to the rearward vision compared to the standard flat glass 

Cheers, Steve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users