16 replies to this topic

#1 Haynes

Haynes

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Struggling to figure out how to post pics. I've downloaded the imgur ap to my tablet and can access my photos. However when I upload I cant see a menu allowing you to pick a bbcode. I do get the share icon with all the usual links but cant see anything that would allow you to post to a forum.

Ive just tried logging into imgur from a PC and this does give you links to the bbcode.  Cant believe you cant do this from the ap?

Also does it still work if you mark pics as private, to avoid posting them on imgur itself?

Edited by Haynes, 26 January 2021 - 02:51 PM.

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,944 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 26 January 2021 - 03:47 PM

What tablet?

#3 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 04:02 PM

I use imgbb.

Upload it and then choose option, BBcode fully linked.

Copy the address and then paste it as text in this text box.

Dont use any of the short cuts in the header above.

#4 Haynes

Haynes

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 06:02 PM

The tablet i'm using is a Samsung, beyond that i dont know details.  

#5 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 06:14 PM

The tablet i'm using is a Samsung, beyond that i dont know details.  

OI don’t know how it is on that but on my iPad this is what I do. Is select the image and then open in safari then top right there are 3 dots . Press then get share codes. Copy and paste. Job done.

I can’t do this in chrome though as it does not have the 3 dots. Public and hidden have no effect. Hidden just means it is not on the Imgur home page for everyone to see.

CHvFRrt.png

#6 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,927 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 26 February 2024 - 05:20 AM

Thread revival - of sorts !

Since Photobucket went silly, I swapped to Imgur like most of us. I have to say, I've been quite happy with it and found it easier to use than Photobucket.

Until now.

I'm not sure if I am the only one who's experiencing this issue.

I have I'd say around 3000 photos stored on there and adding all the time. With this number of pics, the only way they are manageable is to keep them in albums. Until now, it was dead easy to upload photos to these albums and keep the world in order. Recently, they made some change and while my albums are still there and accessible, I can't seem to up-load them to my albums, so they are ending up the the 'All Images' section. It won't take long before that ends up a mad woman's breakfast. I can't seem to find a way to move them from 'All Images' to specific albums. I have written to Imgur asking for help and all I received back was a 'how to up;load photos' guide but didn't cover this.

Has anyone else had similar issues and have you over come them ?  Or is it time to again, find a new hosting platform ?

#7 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:30 AM

Are you uploading them as a "New post" each time? If so you can go to the url:

https://imgur.com/user/"insert your user name here"/posts

and you should be able to see the albums or posts

#8 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,997 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:34 AM

Also if you click on your user name in the top right corner, then at the bottom left of the page there should be an option to "Use old design" - this might help you

#9 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,927 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:58 AM

Thanks Tim.

I did try the 'use old design' last week, but that only brings me back to the new current version.

I can access my albums OK, I just can't put new photos in to them. They all end up in " all images ".

#10 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 09:30 AM

does look like you can no longer upload direct to an album, which is a bit of a pain, instead you have to upload the image(s) and then move them to the album of choice by selecting the album and hitting the 'edit this album' button 

#11 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,944 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 09:46 AM

Thread revival - of sorts !

Since Photobucket went silly, I swapped to Imgur like most of us. I have to say, I've been quite happy with it and found it easier to use than Photobucket.

Until now.

I'm not sure if I am the only one who's experiencing this issue.

I have I'd say around 3000 photos stored on there and adding all the time. With this number of pics, the only way they are manageable is to keep them in albums. Until now, it was dead easy to upload photos to these albums and keep the world in order. Recently, they made some change and while my albums are still there and accessible, I can't seem to up-load them to my albums, so they are ending up the the 'All Images' section. It won't take long before that ends up a mad woman's breakfast. I can't seem to find a way to move them from 'All Images' to specific albums. I have written to Imgur asking for help and all I received back was a 'how to up;load photos' guide but didn't cover this.

Has anyone else had similar issues and have you over come them ?  Or is it time to again, find a new hosting platform ?

I have found that some albums I can edit and others I can’t. No idea why.

#12 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,927 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 05:31 PM

does look like you can no longer upload direct to an album, which is a bit of a pain, instead you have to upload the image(s) and then move them to the album of choice by selecting the album and hitting the 'edit this album' button 

Lifesaver ! Cheers, for this. It looks like I can do it this way.

Nick, I've found the same over the years and also, photos I upload in to a particular album from my laptop, doesn't appear in that album on my desktop, but in general population.

I could also never get it to work on my I-pad.

#13 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,803 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:29 PM

Software developers seem to love changing and 'improving' things often for the sake of it but usually end up making an existing simple, tried & trusted, easy to use interface more complex and less intuitive....'if it ain't broke don't fix it' :lol:

#14 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,944 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 07:50 PM

I could also never get it to work on my I-pad.

I only use the iPad. BUT I use the app to upload and the web page version for links. App shows the images grouped. (Default) web page does not but albums can be selected.

neither is perfect but a mix of them seems ok.

#15 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • 13,927 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 11:10 PM

Software developers seem to love changing and 'improving' things often for the sake of it but usually end up making an existing simple, tried & trusted, easy to use interface more complex and less intuitive....'if it ain't broke don't fix it' :lol:

Martin, I scream every single day,,,,, I'd so love to take to their fingers with a wooden school ruler,,,,,,,,  Unlike them, it is not my 'thing', this IT stuff is just like a screwdriver to me, another tool in the box, but when someone gets in there and uses that screwdriver as a chisel, a punch and splits the handle turning it in to something I no longer recognise and I have to waste a day learning how to use it again,,,, I scream,,,

Have you any idea how many keyboards I have gone through ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users