#1 Tony75

Tony75

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:07 PM

Hello everyone

I bought this FITS MINI [CLASSIC] TOP MOUNTED HYDRAULIC PEDAL BOX KIT – DIRECT REPLACEMENT | eBay

I have searched everywhere but can't find any info from someone who has fitted this, the kit looks fantastic but comes with zero fitting instructions

So, if anyone has fitted this kit before, could you please share pictures of the installation and mounting?

Thanks in advance

Tony

#2 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:47 PM

I fail to see how that could possibly be a direct fit!

#3 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 05 February 2021 - 12:56 PM

Doesnt look too difficult to fit,but definately not direct bolt in.Some fabrication will be required obviously.Just think of the bragging rights when installed though.Steve..

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,966 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 05 February 2021 - 01:09 PM

Not an easy fit. The brake parts are not in the engine bay but in the passenger area.

#5 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:23 PM

I'll have a guess what they mean is that the pedal box bolts up using the existing holes for the original brake/clutch master cylinders. Should be easy enough to fit up, just make sure you fit the cylinders in the right order.

Shooter

#6 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 08:57 PM

I'll have a guess what they mean is that the pedal box bolts up using the existing holes for the original brake/clutch master cylinders. Should be easy enough to fit up, just make sure you fit the cylinders in the right order.

Shooter

How can it do that? There’s no way that is going to fit into the opening in the crossmember inside the car.

#7 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,966 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 10:19 PM

Shooter

How can it do that? There’s no way that is going to fit into the opening in the crossmember inside the car.

Exactly. Not a hope in hell unless the picture is for a totally non Mini fitting product and the Mini Fitting one is actually designed for a Mini.  Or is the seller meaning MINI.

#8 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 08:02 AM

Shooter

Exactly. Not a hope in hell unless the picture is for a totally non Mini fitting product and the Mini Fitting one is actually designed for a Mini.  Or is the seller meaning MINI.

That's what I meant, I went on there website and all the pictures seem generic so I presumed the actual pedal box you receive will fit, but using the original mounting holes.

Shooter

#9 Tony75

Tony75

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:59 PM

This is what I got

sLdKT4c.jpg

#10 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:35 PM

So it looks like it hangs under the dash shelf, with the masters horizontal and pointing towards the driver.

#11 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,492 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:46 PM

So it looks like it hangs under the dash shelf, with the masters horizontal and pointing towards the driver.

I agree, it will be difficult to add fluid to the reservoirs with a speedo binnacle in place

#12 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,966 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 02:51 PM

This is what I got

sLdKT4c.jpg

Time to get the welder out and make some fittings. Or send it back.

#13 Tony75

Tony75

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 03:05 PM

The braided hoses and the bracket just at the top of the picture are so you can mount the reservoirs under the bonnet, it's just the mounting of the box itself. I think I'm going to have to make some bracketry up to secure it.  I just kinda hoped that someone else on here had bought one and fitted it.  I did get an email from the supplier with photo's that a customer had sent them of it installed on theirs, but they were absolutely pointless as you couldn't see how it was mounted.

Thanks anyway guys

Tony

#14 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,966 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 03:47 PM

The braided hoses and the bracket just at the top of the picture are so you can mount the reservoirs under the bonnet, it's just the mounting of the box itself. I think I'm going to have to make some bracketry up to secure it.  I just kinda hoped that someone else on here had bought one and fitted it.  I did get an email from the supplier with photo's that a customer had sent them of it installed on theirs, but they were absolutely pointless as you couldn't see how it was mounted.

Thanks anyway guys

Tony

Post up those pictures then. It might give us an idea.

#15 Tony75

Tony75

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 05:18 PM

4RhdUv2.jpg

YotvGmH.jpg

bxMNJKy.jpg

EYz6cRj.jpg

CHXABC9.jpg

kXvan6o.jpg

HGReHlB.jpg

Have they made some bracket up that they've welded to the pedal box to mount it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users