Photo
- - - - -

Clutch Master Cylinder

Best Answer se7enmvu , 28 February 2021 - 08:52 PM

Turns out the clutch was seized.

I jacked up the front and supported it on axel stands.

Then I started the engine and ran it upto 40mph in 3rd. With the the clutch pedal pressed I stamped on the the brakes. This was enough to break the pressure plate/clutch plate free Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:33 PM

Well my starter is a 10 tooth which according to minispares is wrong. However I'm pretty sure it's the original due to the cars history and the date code.
But it's something to bare in mind if I ever have starting issues.

Nope. It is good to know so you replace like with like. The Metro had 10t starters you could easily have had an engine swap and numbers swapped or updated.... 

little things like this are always good to check when able a# it can save money and agro later.

#32 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 03:41 PM

Thanks for advice but the mini had only covered 4k when I bought it and I've known of it for nearly 20 years. It's possible it's been fitted with a metro starter but I doubt it and unless I'm mistaken its not related as to why a previously working clutch would stop working.

#33 se7enmvu

se7enmvu

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:52 PM   Best Answer

Turns out the clutch was seized.

I jacked up the front and supported it on axel stands.

Then I started the engine and ran it upto 40mph in 3rd. With the the clutch pedal pressed I stamped on the the brakes. This was enough to break the pressure plate/clutch plate free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users