#1 t@z

t@z

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: www.turbominis.co.uk

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:27 AM

right well i am not sure if this is one problem or just a mixture of many. i recently fitted a maniflow exhaust with a play mini link pipe and play mini exhaust and its been running kinda rough, but more so with these cold mornings

i start my car and it acts like its got a sock up its exhuat pipe as it tries to cut out like its blocked, i then normally pull the choke out and let it idle or a bit (the rear sputters) if i rev it at idle it pops and bangs every so often. on the way to work this morning it was having a hard time making high revs and burbling at low when trying to pull away, it also pops and bangs at high revs again while driving.

any ideas

T

Edited by t@z, 03 November 2006 - 09:28 AM.

#2 AlexM

AlexM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Local Club: NMOC, ECMC

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:32 AM

Did you have the car set-up on a rolling road afterwards? Not doing so will cause running issues.

Have you checked for any leaks in the exhaust system?...particuarly at the manifold....this could cause some of the symptoms you have described.

Otherwise it could be an unrelated problem.....check operation of carb....ignition system etc.

#3 t@z

t@z

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Local Club: www.turbominis.co.uk

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:44 AM

i think there is a bit of leak on the manifold i will hopefully fix this tomorrow, i wil also clean the plugs etc...

lets hope its not to cold tomorrow ;)

T

#4 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:53 AM

Also bear in mind the mixture will be running slightly lean because of the new exhaust etc so fueeling may well be out.

Anf yeah, check places for air leaks, it sound like one.

#5 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:38 PM

a new exhaust doesnt always mean lean it can give you rich spots in the rev range too me and taz have been swapping needles and tuning best we can but now it seems to have developed an air leak so that needs to be sorted before we can get it tuned up...

check all pipes that run to and from the carb or inlet check the fuel line too, it did sound bloody noisey when you drove past me the other day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users