Photo

Swapping Sportspack Wheel Arches With Something Else...

Best Answer the.stroker , 17 March 2021 - 10:14 AM

Hi sports pack wheels and tyres are 175 x55 x13, so low profile , not sure from the picture your tyres look to have a higher profile which means the overall diameter can't be that much different. Plus they look to have more inset. I take it that your drums have the 1" spacer, you could try an additional 1/2" and lower the hilos, Its unlikely any arches will match the bolt holes for the ones you have, which if they are original are rubber rather that grp

For me personal choice would-be to obtain a set of sportspack wheels

Thanks Majormallock - if you know how to put it in the right area in the forum after posting I'm all ears.

If you ever need things moving or changing hit the report, together with a brief description of what you would like and one of us will pick it up. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KnightOwl738

KnightOwl738

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:12 PM

Hi all, need some advice on the below and I'm asking the question... is it the right decision?

So my mini is a 1992 1275 Rover Mini Cooper in black. Recently put hilos on the rear and replaced the shock absorbers.

12" Supalight alloys, recently swapped from 13" alleycats 7x13 as that is what came with the car- not my taste. I prefer the 12" wheel.

From the pictures you can see the rear wheel looks lost in that arch, which is expected due to the reduced size and width of the wheel.

If I remove the sportpack arches and replace with Group 5 Arches would that look better?

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=35279

I'm hoping that I can use existing holes to attach the works gp5 arches with rivnuts... otherwise it would be pointless as I'd be making more work for myself.

Or is there a spacing option, which means I can keep the 12" wheel and the sportspack arches but push the wheel out further?

If I did remove the sportpack arches, anyone want to buy them? Also got the side skirts to go with them.

Thanks and appreciate the advice/guidance.

Attached Files

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:45 PM

You might be better off with Wood & Picket style arches as like the Sportpack Arches they have concealed fixings from below into the wheel arch flange, so you would not have to drill into the side body panels/wings.

https://the-arc-ange...&product_id=161

Here are my W&P arches with 6x10 deep dish ET-15 offset.

https://www.theminif...lite/?p=3542176

Your post might also get more replies if moved to the right part of the forum?

Edited by mab01uk, 15 March 2021 - 10:45 PM.

#3 Majormallock

Majormallock

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 03:36 AM

Hi sports pack wheels and tyres are 175 x55 x13, so low profile , not sure from the picture your tyres look to have a higher profile which means the overall diameter can't be that much different. Plus they look to have more inset. I take it that your drums have the 1" spacer, you could try an additional 1/2" and lower the hilos, Its unlikely any arches will match the bolt holes for the ones you have, which if they are original are rubber rather that grp

#4 KnightOwl738

KnightOwl738

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the advise on that. 

#5 KnightOwl738

KnightOwl738

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 March 2021 - 05:58 PM

Thanks Majormallock - if you know how to put it in the right area in the forum after posting I'm all ears.

#6 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 16 March 2021 - 06:18 PM

Sportspack arches have the highest hole fixings, any other arch without these being welded up would look daft.

#7 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 17 March 2021 - 08:05 AM

Photos of Sportpack Arches with 10" wheels:-

https://www.theminif...with-10-wheels/

https://www.theminif...ts-pack-arches/

https://www.theminif...-10inch-wheels/

(Note: with 12" wheels there is no need to change the front disc brakes)

Edited by mab01uk, 17 March 2021 - 08:05 AM.

#8 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:14 AM   Best Answer

If you ever need things moving or changing hit the report, together with a brief description of what you would like and one of us will pick it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users