#1 jimmy20

jimmy20

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:10 AM

hi i was wondering if anyone out there could help me!

i have a mini rio 1275 carb that just recently has started cutting out on me after about 200meters of driving. it feels like its running out of petrol as there is a suddden loss of power then it cuts out. the weird thing is when i return to the car the following day it starts first time.

At first i thought it was the fuel pump so i replaced that but still to no avail. What do you recon should be my next move? i was thinking of taking the carb off but is there something simpler i could do first that i am unaware of?

#2 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

Hmmm i wish there was but if you think about it, you've replaced the pump, that leaves the tank, or the carb, and if there was a significant blockage in the tank, i doubt it would start the way describe.

I'd whip the carb off, clean it all out with white spirit or brake cleaner etc, and then retry. You * could* try banging some redex in the fuel but it doesn't sound like the you can get the car to run long enough for it to work.

Carb off is an easy job it shouldn't take long to give it a quick clean over, you may find the float and needle valve have jammed.

Edited by Retro_10s, 04 November 2006 - 10:21 AM.

#3 jimmy20

jimmy20

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:48 AM

Hmmm i wish there was but if you think about it, you've replaced the pump, that leaves the tank, or the carb, and if there was a significant blockage in the tank, i doubt it would start the way describe.

I'd whip the carb off, clean it all out with white spirit or brake cleaner etc, and then retry. You * could* try banging some redex in the fuel but it doesn't sound like the you can get the car to run long enough for it to work.

Carb off is an easy job it shouldn't take long to give it a quick clean over, you may find the float and needle valve have jammed.

cheers mate i'll give it a go hopefully it should do the trick

#4 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:02 AM

if fuelling is all ok it could be the electronic ignition module!! i've had that one too :S dear god is there a cutting out mini problem i havent suffered??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users