4 replies to this topic

#1 stevewidds

stevewidds

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 07:38 PM

So here is a picture of the drivers side scuttle/ inner wing top what do I ideally need to replace here, scuttle, top dash rail sorry for all the questions its the most extreme body work I've done and want to make a good job of it many thanks.

Attached Files

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,899 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:13 PM

Several things that need doing here.

1st:- Remove remainder of scuttle. That way you can fully assess the rest of the upper bulkhead area

2nd:- Yes you will need to make some repair sections for the upper dash rail flange, however if its really bad inside the car you may need to think about a full rail replacement.

3:- When the rest of the metal work has been repaired / replaced as required i would recommend you remove the bonnet hinge mounts and either replace them or clean them up.

As a caveat to all of this, if the upper bulkhead is bad you may need to think about some more serious type of repairs. However from what i can see there in the pictures so far its not horrendous.

Now if you look at Project Paddy in my signature you find everything you need there to help guide you in repairing everything mentioned. 

Go from page 29 onwards.

#3 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 01 May 2021 - 08:30 PM

Just an observation,try to protect the glass,weld spatter and grinding sparks love it.Keep up the good work,have fun,Steve..

#4 stevewidds

stevewidds

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:24 PM

Thanks guys hope you can help with these pictures, so on the A post I've replaced the in panel and complete inner wing with A panel should the gap between those two panels be as big as in the picture or should they clamp up together, plus where the A panel comes down to the lip of the sill does it look correct many thanks.

Attached Files

#5 62S

62S

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Local Club: You must be joking!

Posted 08 May 2021 - 09:59 AM

Just an observation,try to protect the glass,weld spatter and grinding sparks love it.Keep up the good work,have fun,Steve..

And I would suggest you also carefully remove the rest of the interior trim and store it well away from where the work is being done. The wings on the back seat cushion won't do it any favours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users