Been quiet for a while but I've managed to get some headway on the mini now.
I have a few questions that I'm hoping you can help me with:
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks
1. Still overheating (not checked the temp for sure), timing is now correct. What I have noticed is that the top of the rad gets toastie, but the bottom hose is completely cold. I'm therefore working on the assumption that the radiator is blocked, or the water pump isn't spooling. The odd thing is, the pump was turning fine when it was off the engine and has simply been bolted in and left for about 3 months before starting in a dry garage. There is some draw through the radiator when I accelerate but I'm not sure what is normal, I would say the level drops app. 3-4mm then comes back up again. Any thoughts? Are there any more checks I should do before pulling it all apart?
2. What should the second hose attachment on the float chamber lid be connected to?
3. The exhaust manifold is an LCB type and is really close to the O/S pot joint. Is there an easy way to manipulate this around the joint? It's also pushing the exhaust over to the side of the tunnel and extremely close to the battery cable. Almost as if its twisted. I was pondering changing this for the freeflow option from MiniSpares but would prefer not to suffer the expense at this time.
4. The heater blower doesn't appear to be working. I have power to the heater switch, earth connection is OK, switch is OK, connectivity across the earth and heater supply. It doesn't sound like the blower is engaging and something is stopping it spinning. Any ideas?
5. I bought a new wiper stalk, when I switch down for a single wipe of the windscreen nothing happens, however, on the two constant settings the motor engages fine. Any ideas?
6. After running up to temp. (considering the temp issues in point 1) I removed 3 and 4 plugs to reveal the inner plugs being very black and the outside plugs being quite white. I know a certain amount of this is normal, but I'm wondering if my rough fuel mix is OK and this has left me a little stumped. Any thoughts on this one would be useful.