#1 JeremyduP

JeremyduP

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 May 2021 - 08:54 AM

On Thursday I phoned Minispares saying I needed a part urgently by the weekend. No problem he said, just order on our website and choose Express delivery and you’ll have it tomorrow (Friday). Brilliant I thought. What service.

Well nothing arrived on Friday but late that afternoon I received an email from Minispares to say the item had been despatched ! So it wasn’t sent on Thursday as promised. I then received an email from DHL saying the item would be delivered on Tuesday !! So much from Minispares and their express delivery which is not cheap. I’m sure I will be told that this is all ‘due to Covid’.

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 09:27 AM

To my knowledge Minispares and Minisport both offer express delivery but have a proviso that the express part only applies after they have processed the order not the day you order the parts. I was suckered in pre covid with the same result.

#3 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 09:33 AM

Yep, youve been let down there.

#4 Midas Mk1

Midas Mk1

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:05 AM

Minisport, MED, Swiftune is next day for me if ordered before 12, minispares express is usually 2+ (for atleast 2 years now)

Delivery fee is also moreeeeee than minisport’s too to be slower.

to be honest not impressed either.

Edited by Midas Mk1, 23 May 2021 - 11:07 AM.

#5 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:29 PM

I'm usually a minispares advocate, but the service and stock levels are beginning to slack :(

#6 Maccmike8

Maccmike8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 04:41 PM

My last few orders have been 10/10.

#7 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:32 PM

That’s odd the last few orders I’ve had from MS have all been sent next day delivery.

#8 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 23 May 2021 - 07:03 PM

As with the other thread, I have moved it to a more suitable sun forum.

#9 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:47 AM

I've had one order get lost in the system recently, but was resolved and delivered (for free) within 24 hours of me flagging it.  Another issue I had with a returned part was dealt with within 48 hours of them receiving it. Can't complain if I'm honest.

What I find odd about the OP's issue is why he was told to go online to order rather than do it there and then on the phone. As has been said the express delivery is only from the point the courier has it and online orders will get dealt with in the order they get them.

As for stock levels I'd suggest that this is not confined to MS, there are supply issues all over everywhere at the moment. We may be back to some sort of normality here in the UK, although many businesses are still constrained by social distance measures, big parts of the rest of the world are way behind.  Try ordering construction materials at the moment, the lead times for stuff (and the cost) is horrific.

The one gripe I have is the use of DPD that do not deliver at weekends.

Edited by humph, 24 May 2021 - 10:49 AM.

#10 Cooper Mac

Cooper Mac

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:31 AM

I've had one order get lost in the system recently, but was resolved and delivered (for free) within 24 hours of me flagging it.  Another issue I had with a returned part was dealt with within 48 hours of them receiving it. Can't complain if I'm honest.

What I find odd about the OP's issue is why he was told to go online to order rather than do it there and then on the phone. As has been said the express delivery is only from the point the courier has it and online orders will get dealt with in the order they get them.

As for stock levels I'd suggest that this is not confined to MS, there are supply issues all over everywhere at the moment. We may be back to some sort of normality here in the UK, although many businesses are still constrained by social distance measures, big parts of the rest of the world are way behind.  Try ordering construction materials at the moment, the lead times for stuff (and the cost) is horrific.

The one gripe I have is the use of DPD that do not deliver at weekends.

DPD delivered a parcel for me (not from MS) on Saturday, I'm not sure where to as I was at home and didn't receive it. I did have a message from DPD and ebay both saying that the item was left in the porch, so the search continues........

#11 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:48 AM

I find dpd to be about the best with their tracker.
Now hermes on the other hand......

I'll find out tomorrow anyway. Placed an order at 930 today

Edited by IronmanG, 24 May 2021 - 11:49 AM.

#12 JeremyduP

JeremyduP

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 27 May 2021 - 11:43 AM

I ordered again from MiniSpares but this time I chose Royal Mail express.  It arrived the next day.  Better than DHL.

#13 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 01:10 PM

Got mine next day. Although it was dumped on the front door and the bell was not pressed. But that's every courier in the country it seems

#14 roblightbody

roblightbody

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:21 PM

What time on Thursday did you place your order?

#15 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 02:50 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users