Passed Test

• Traders
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 10:59 AM

Another customer restoration, Darrens van

gqOrc12.jpg

7dfRRq7.jpg

Overall not bad at all for a commercial but still needing plenty of work, so lets get started

Darren was keen to not have "A patchwork quilt" floorpan and with the state of the current repairs (bodges) and all 4 corners needing work it made no sense to mess around and a complete mini machine floor was ordered along with a complete load floor, the existing load floor was saveable, but would have cost more in labour time than replacing the whole panel and wouldn't have been as nice a job at the end.

kNmt9Px.jpg

Xh7l4Av.jpg

So after waiting an age for the panels and me finishing off some other jobs I have finally managed to make a good start

Shiny New floors delivered

uaouK9T.jpg

hSVT4jK.jpg

First job was to epoxy primer some of the harder to reach areas once fitted

aHWmD6L.jpg

vgmwZzH.jpg

Then brace up and attack!

5YWQcCp.jpg

uzYYd0e.jpg

Rear arches left in as a reference point, New floor trial fitted and welding started - at this point I could only weld the 4 corners in as everything else that attaches to the load floor is being replaced but it did tie the shell back together.

TxZfgAB.jpg

naPGUFy.jpg

Rear Arches were then removed and new ones welded in

HPkXhkD.jpg

bHmXaPt.jpg

nQ3kJIP.jpg

lower sections of the rear wheel arch outer lips have not been spot welded at this time as I discovered we need to replace the bottoms of the quarter panels / rear corners which had looked sound on my initial assessment but removing the rear floor exposed rot and poor past repairs

NNO5EWa.jpg

T8uJF5o.jpg

Once the rear floor and arches were fitted the next job was to remove the front floor and toe board

O6IuMIr.jpg

everyone knows 2 is better than one, right? 

BGjPOqO.jpg

H6gCZRm.jpg

and that 3 is even better than 2!

TCpckBX.jpg

anyway, after a couple of hours in I am at this stage, just a few bits of old toe board to remove and tidy up around the inner wing flanges - Inner wings are being replaced but I want to save as much as I can for now for alignment purposes

5clZw9u.jpg

Hope to have new floor and toe board in by the end of the week

Ryan

Edited by Classic & Sport, 10 August 2021 - 11:00 AM.

#2 Scrumpjack

Scrumpjack

On The Road

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 03:01 PM

Nice work Ryan, it’ll be better than when it was new.
Cheers
Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users