#1 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:27 PM

Hi All, its been a while since I have used the forum as I have been quietly restoring my Studio 2... again. I have got to let go of my Mini Special now though to pave the way for my 66 Super Deluxe. Shameless plug if you're on instagram @bisleyspeedshop follow the progress!

https://www.ebay.co....XkAAOSwRiJhKQ87

1979 Mini 1100 Special
40k miles
Matching numbers
Tax exempt
MOT exempt
Belgian/French import model

Having owned my 1100 special since Jan 2021 I now need to sell due to needing to put funds into my 1966 Mini restoration. I bought it having been off the road for a number of years parked up in a garage and have spared no expense in putting it back on the road over the winter. I bought the car from the family that had owned it since it was imported in 1980 making me the third owner in the UK. The work I have undertaken includes but is not limited to; 
Front subframe rebuild with new bushes and powder-coated parts. 
New brake drums, shoes, cylinders and hoses.
Suspension dampers and cones replaced and Hi-Lo adjustable height units fitted although left at standard ride height.
Engine teardown/inspection and cylinder head rebuild - hardened exhaust valve seats fitted meaning this can be run with unleaded fuel.
New standard diameter exhaust
Rolling road tune early August.
New tyres all round.

I love driving this car, it turns heads and honestly drives better than any mini I have driven before or since with the engine being like a little sewing machine. It does have its tatty areas around the body and the headlining is split in a couple of places but this hasn't bothered me. Has got oversills fitted but its been garaged since fitted.

Any Questions please call me on 07909 647575

Attached Files

#2 PurpleXrA1NX

PurpleXrA1NX

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Local Club: MMC (MEDWAYMINICLUB)

Posted 15 September 2021 - 11:47 AM

Hi mate, I’ve sent a text message.

Cheers