#2 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 29 September 2021 - 06:39 AM

I'm not.  Been lots before, decided it's too expensive for two.  Plus the weather is always a bit iffy.  Now the fuel issue.

#3 g0myw

g0myw

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 08:08 AM

had planned to ... but like others, fuel may or may not be a problem.
Weather forecast not too bad

#4 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 04 October 2021 - 11:16 AM

Did anyone go to the delayed Brookland's Mini event yesterday, any photos, was there a good turnout considering the wet weather and local petrol shortages? (Also I heard the higher admission prices due to Covid shutdown losses were putting off some attending...Adult £17.95).

https://www.brooklan...klands-mini-day

Edited by mab01uk, 04 October 2021 - 11:25 AM.

#5 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 03:35 PM

I went. Was a really good morning . Hill climb didn't start until 12pm and I had to leave before that!!
Quite a few jumble parts which was nice to see. A bigger turnout than expected.

#6 minidizzy

minidizzy

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 04 October 2021 - 10:59 PM

I was there. The weather was generally very good - lots of sun but a short heavy shower in the afternoon when many where leaving. Most cars there seemed to be in clubs as the banking was quite empty but it was still a great day and an opportunity to see some people for the first time in nearly two years.

#7 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:19 AM

I went. It was probably half the size of the last show, but it was great nonetheless! More than enough to see for a good day out. We gone insanely lucky with the weather; apart from the short 5 minute downpour it was a glorious day!

I had a chat with one of the marshals who told me that no one is allowed to take photos on the banking without paying extra now, which was one of the reasons no cars were parked up there. I don't know how much truth there was in this though, as I was allowed up to take photos at the end as long as a I made a donation there and then into the marshal's hand. I did see a few other cars on the banking taking photos at the end of the show though seemingly without paying. I'm all for supporting the museum, but on top of the steep entry price it seemed rather cheeky. 

#8 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 14 October 2021 - 08:50 AM

Did anyone go to the delayed Brookland's Mini event yesterday, any photos, was there a good turnout considering the wet weather and local petrol shortages? (Also I heard the higher admission prices due to Covid shutdown losses were putting off some attending...Adult £17.95).

https://www.brooklan...klands-mini-day

£17.95 for an Adult - wow.

I go to a 4 x 4 spares day in Newbury organised by Mark Woodford classics, it's £6 entry (ok its on foot) and I think £30 for any size plot for traders or individuals outside and slightly more for inside the sheds.  Always loads of tools and general stuff for sale with the ability to do a deal, and its a good few hours browsing stuff.

I just cannot see how they justify nearly £18, no wonder the mini show scene is dying. 

#9 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,779 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 16 October 2021 - 03:15 PM

A Mk1 Forum member also reported that a marshal wanted a £5 'donation' so he could take a pic of his Mini on the banking!

Edited by mab01uk, 16 October 2021 - 03:16 PM.

#10 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 16 October 2021 - 07:07 PM

I could understand the fiver donation being required for entering the hill climb, given they have to employ people and pay for insurance to make that happen - so I was happy to pay for that even though I only got to do one of my two attempts thanks to a "slight" issue with my exhaust falling off.  :lol: But it was definitely a bit cheeky to ask for a mandatory donation just for a photo opportunity on the banking! That aside I enjoyed the day overall as it was just nice to get out and see some Minis, and it was a nice leisurely drive from my neck of the woods on the south coast. Also luckily Minimine had some nice new exhaust clamps so I was able to bolt up the exhaust properly to sort my car out before driving home  :D

#11 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 04:18 PM

A Mk1 Forum member also reported that a marshal wanted a £5 'donation' so he could take a pic of his Mini on the banking!

Yep I had exactly the same encounter... Wonder if it was the same marshal? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users