This is merely a study at the mo, but I am looking for information on putting together the parts required for and fitting a supercharger using SH self made parts.
Apart from some old threads from 5+ years ago, there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on here that I can find. I have scoured the Internet and although there are lots of videos etc on installing OTS kits nothing for the DIY enthusiast.
So far all I have managed to find is the following few snippets to get some ideas from:
I have also watched Stuart from Vmaxscart's video where he discusses a selection of Superchargers that are suitable for the Mini.
So from what I have read I think at the very minimum I would need to acquire / fabricate:
- Supercharger (Eaton M45 from an R53 Mini) Not sure what others would do?
- Multi Vee Belt Pulley - from an MPI Mini
- Multi Vee Belt
- Inlet manifold
- Carburettor adaptor (to fit the carb to the supercharger)
- De-Compression Plate (Various info on what CR is OK)
- Modified Timing Case (Breather removed and tensioner pulley fitted?
- Belt Tensioner?
If I were to go down this route I have a 1310 with a Weber DCOE 45 so that's the adaptor plate that I would need?
1. Which SuperChargers can be used? (There are loads of Superchargers available Second Hand / New / Refurbished lots of service / rebuild kits available for the M45)
2. What is the easiest setup?
3. Would a centre main strap be needed?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.