2 replies to this topic

#1 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:21 PM

Why can't I ask or answer a question in the above section?

Shooter

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 30 November 2021 - 08:29 PM

It is locked to members. It is often asked. Oddly some active threads get moved there and then no one can answer other than admins.

#3 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,932 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 30 November 2021 - 11:59 PM

It's gotten a little untidy but it's intended to be a Reference Library, as we have Mini Chat and Problems, Questions and Technical for on going discussions.

You can always start a thread in the appropriate area, with a link to the FAQ that you'd like to respond to.

To give an example here as to why we don't like posting in there, there's a thread where a member asked a straight forward question and one that's somewhat commonly known (but obviously we get newbys etc) " Tap for Crank ? "

https://www.theminif...-tap-for-crank/

In the opening post, there's a question of i) where to get a Tap ? and ii) what thread is it ?

That's followed by 11 pages, some of which are bickering between members.  In my own view, it's a reasonable question(s) on something that's common-ish, but wouldn't warrant more than a page to maybe at a stretch a page and a half at best.

I have it on my list to clean these threads up and also the sticky's we have on many of the boards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users