2 replies to this topic

#1 sam138

sam138

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 10:14 AM

I’ve got a 1275 supercharger suck through (m45) I’ve got it running pretty well now after fitting a heated copper coil around the inlet pipe and a small heater element in the air filter.

The issue I’m having is trying to stop the fuel dripping out of the air filter after you switch the car off. Anyone had this issue as well ? I’ve got an MOT in a week.

The car runs a hif44 carb with fuel regulator set at 2.5psi and the AFR is around 13.5-14 at idle with 1200rpm idle speed. Should the idle be leaned out a bit more ?

Edited by sam138, 08 January 2022 - 10:18 AM.

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts
  • Local Club: RAF Mini Club

Posted 08 January 2022 - 01:00 PM

Its because of the angle of the carb, sadly

#3 MrE812

MrE812

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Local Club: ELMOC

Posted 04 February 2022 - 02:32 PM

Sorry it's a bit late to chip in - might I suggest the problem of fuel leaking out the carb may be a sign the carb is need of a service.

This was scott@minispeed from 2013

Your carburettor needs a service. The fuel is leaking out because the needle valve is not shutting off because its either worn or blocked (blocked is unlikely as they have a tiny gauze filter behind them). Other likely problems are the choke seals gone hard. Both of these problems will cause the running issues you are experiencing. The best thing to do is to get it off, dismantle it and thoroughly clean it and use all the parts from the service kit CSK75 (around £30) which will restore functionality to good as new

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users