3 replies to this topic

#1 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 08:04 PM

After having a less than satisfactory experience elsewhere I decided to try Northampton Motorsport last October.  I was there on time but was kept waiting for half an hour while they had their lunch.  I don't think they had any intention of starting when I had booked in.  Anyhow everything else about the day was fantastic. I was able to be in the workshop while they did everything.  I thought they'd use an exhaust probe but as I have an air/fuel ratio gauge they took the oxygen sensor out and used their one for a more accurate indication than using the exhaust probe.  They were very thorough and it was money well spent.  The carb was as it should be and they were able to quite quickly dial in the ignition map to bring up the mid range slightly.  Very pleased with the standard of work and would recommend, only let down by being kept unnecessarily waiting at the start.

https://www.northamptonmotorsport.com/

#2 wilsonch

wilsonch

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 04:37 PM

Northampton motor sport are well used and recommended by the westfield kit car group (I used to be a member)

The are the main sponsor or their single make race series.

If you go search they had, at one time, Nick Masons 250 GTO to tune as it "wasn't running right"

get the sound on its amazing.

Edited by wilsonch, 07 February 2022 - 04:37 PM.

#3 mm man

mm man

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:57 PM

After having a less than satisfactory experience elsewhere I decided to try Northampton Motorsport last October.  I was there on time but was kept waiting for half an hour while they had their lunch.  I don't think they had any intention of starting when I had booked in.  Anyhow everything else about the day was fantastic. I was able to be in the workshop while they did everything.  I thought they'd use an exhaust probe but as I have an air/fuel ratio gauge they took the oxygen sensor out and used their one for a more accurate indication than using the exhaust probe.  They were very thorough and it was money well spent.  The carb was as it should be and they were able to quite quickly dial in the ignition map to bring up the mid range slightly.  Very pleased with the standard of work and would recommend, only let down by being kept unnecessarily waiting at the start.

https://www.northamptonmotorsport.com/

Was the less than satisfactory experience Cambridge? Hopefully I will be rebuilding an engine very shortly not sure what the  final spec will be until it’s stripped down . It’s a spi motor that has been converted to a carb set up by a previous owner  once it’s finished and a few miles put on it would you recommend this company to set it up .

#4 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 17 February 2022 - 09:43 PM

Was the less than satisfactory experience Cambridge? Hopefully I will be rebuilding an engine very shortly not sure what the  final spec will be until it’s stripped down . It’s a spi motor that has been converted to a carb set up by a previous owner  once it’s finished and a few miles put on it would you recommend this company to set it up .

Yes, Cambridge.  I wish I remembered the name of the bloke at Northampton who did the work as he was very good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users