Jump to content
Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:09 PM
After 1242 km (771mls)
10,5 hours of drive
A big stone chip in the windscreen - new heated windscreen already ordered
A channel crossing - is it a crossing when You were driven underneath?
An additional two and a half hours British B-Road Blast - needed to harden the suspension by 2/8...
First In Line
First in line.jpg 108.28K 6 downloads
1st class sunburn on saturday
Getting showered too often on sunday
2 hours back to the the train
11,5 hours back home the other day
most fearful moment while driving a car ever in my life
- real heavy rain and worst aquaplaning even below city speed on motorway in Belgium -
visiting EVERY motorway service station for the last 2/3 of the journey, thanks to a slow puncture by a loose valve insert - the one time I forgot to control every part of a new wheel...
2109 km (1310 mls - but my engine is 1330 )
123 litres of fuel
5,8 litres per 100km - 48 mpg
Totally exhausted but Happy
Well worth it!
Thanks to every helper who made this Run possible
Special Thanks to every Helper who got bothered by my
Especially Thank You to 3 Guys from the recovery team who checked my Mini if anything obvious was wrong
Edited by Mr.greenPullover, 21 May 2022 - 03:51 PM.
Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:21 AM
Things I learned on the L2B
1. My tyres are quite worryingly bad in the wet. ( Nankang NA-1 145/70 )
2. Mini drivers are great. The first one I saw en route to Cheam from Ipswich was a poor s*d on the hard shoulder of the M25 with bonnet up and phone to his ear. He gave me a cheery wave and big grin as I shot past. ( it was a silver or grey mini city(?) at about 05.45 somewhere in Kent heading southbound. If this was you then I hope you recovered the situation and got home OK!)
3. A borrowed Satnav works OK suckered to the dash but will be completely inaudible above the general noise level in the car.
4. I need to somehow pinpoint where exactly 'empty' is on the fuel gauge.
5. Be prepared to turn up at an event like this full of pride in your mini - and discover there are thousands already there with vastly more awesomeness!
6. The mini comes with no cup holder but pondering how to fit one will while away the hours on a long motorway journey.
7. Getting into a mini, very damp after having walked around in light rain for a few hours will make it steam up to a point where you'll wish the wipers were on the inside.
8. The weather will definitely be better next year.
Edited by Richard_, 19 May 2022 - 01:51 PM.
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users