#1 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 19 April 2022 - 11:08 PM

Hi to all Northants (Classic) mini owners.

I'm currently a member of a classic mini club but we don't get the minis out often enough for my liking as I think they are there to be driven not just taken to shows periodically (which we currently do as a club).

Would anyone be interested in getting together to give their mini a run out?

Typical format is once a month on a Sunday morning (Dates to be advised) although can also do midweek which is fun in the lighter/warmer/drier months, consisting of a specific meeting start point;  then about 60-90 minutes, and about 30-40 miles total, driving around local countryside  and ending up at a pub or suitable venue somewhere to show off the minis and have a general chat -  about minis or other less interesting stuff !!! Mainly using country lanes/back roads and hitting small villages staying out of the bigger towns and off larger roads where possible. (Typically to the north of Northampton as I'm based in Moulton although happy to try to organise routes in other parts of the county)

In the past we have gone further afield if people are interested enough, such as the Ace Cafe mini nights and to the Cotswolds or picnic runs and I'm happy to try to find suitable mini routes (B-roads and lanes mainly) if there's enough interest to have runs out to other venues - suggestions welcome

It's not going to be any sort of a club or any formal organisation just a run out to get interested classic mini owners together on an informal basis to get the cars out and use them.

There is already the "Northants Mini Owners club" doing a similar sort of thing and, whilst they welcome the classic mini, I was a member for a short while and it seemed more focused on the BMW version (IMHO) so we dropped out

I guess I should just say here that this is squarely aimed at classic minis - nothing directly against the BMW flavour, just not my bag (I have the same lack of interest in Corsas, Golfs, Fiestas or pretty much any other car so nothing personal) although I'm not a purist so if you have a Vauxhall/Honda/Nissan/Bike engine I'm down with that as long as its in a Classic mini!

First run will be 8th May meeting at LEAVING the Tollemache Arms in Harrington (NN6 9NU) at 10.30 am and the route will take us out (actually skimming into South Leicestershire) to Stanford Hall and ending up at The Stag at Maidwell (NN6 9JA)

I will also post this on FaceBook on a couple groups I'm a member of. 

Cheers, Mark

Edited by mini-mad-mark, 20 April 2022 - 11:05 AM.

#2 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 20 April 2022 - 11:04 AM

Sorry this should read:

...LEAVING the Tollemache Arms at 10.30am.....

So that every knows what time to be there (before 10.30am!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users