1 reply to this topic

#1 Spoonhead

Spoonhead

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 03:58 PM

I'm converting my Sidewalk over to a Mk 2 retro style Mini, and am having trouble with the rear lamps I've installed.  I'm sure it's a wiring issue, but am not sure where to start?  Everything works correctly with the OEM lamps, but with the Mk 2 lamps, the brake lights remain on whenever the headlights are switched on.  With the headlights off, they function correctly so this issue wasn't discovered until driving it for the first time at night and everyone informed me that my brake light was staying on.  I'm sure the issue is between the OEM plug and the lamps themselves.  Since the Mk 2 lamps have no grounding wire, I tried attaching one to the OEM ground wire and touching it to the Mk 2 lamps, but it didn't seem to make any difference.  

Has anyone else done this conversion and had success with it?  I'd prefer not to cut the original wiring for the car if possible in order to be able to switch back if need be.  

All assistance is greatly appreciated!

#2 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 17 May 2022 - 06:22 PM

Bad earth. Or you have connected something. The wring is no different to how you had it before just with the reverse wire disconnected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users