37 replies to this topic

#16 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 10:04 AM

I have a pdf of a Rover MPI workshop manual (RCL 0193ENG).

It has some information referring to SPI Japanese models.

If this is not already on this site is there somewhere I can upload it to if it's not infringing someone's copyright?

Edited by MikeRotherham, 14 June 2022 - 10:48 AM.

#17 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 06:56 PM

work is going on, the O2 sensor is gone, water temp sensor is in bad condition

guys, anyone have a PDF of the workshop manual? 1997 - manual - Air bag - Japan - SPI

All the 97 an later MPI and Japanese SPI manuals are on post #31 here:

https://www.theminif...-perhaps/page-3

SPI to 1996 here:

http://miniscene-unt...anual_92-96.pdf

#18 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:13 PM

thanks for the links guys, latest updates

- the stepper motor was completely unplugged, that was restored

- another air intake box vacuum line was disconnected which is there to turn on another solenoid at the startup

we are connecting all of these lines now, by the way, is it fine to use just silicon hoses rather than the original hoses with bends?

#19 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:22 PM

- another air intake box vacuum line was disconnected which is there to turn on another solenoid at the startup

we are connecting all of these lines now, by the way, is it fine to use just silicon hoses rather than the original hoses with bends?

actually I got the answer from the below thread for this

https://www.theminif...ipe-conversion/

#20 hungdynasty

hungdynasty

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 04:47 AM

actually I got the answer from the below thread for this

https://www.theminif...ipe-conversion/
I replaced all vacuum hoses with silicone hoses , no problem at all. 3mm a bit tight, 3.5mm will be prefect if you can find it.

#21 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2022 - 11:51 AM

Update

- Coolant temp sensor replaced

- All vacuum hoses replaced

- Stepper motor back in action

- Throttle body cleaned

- Injector cleaned

- Everything refreshed on that side

Well....car still shuts down

We opened the ECU and it has been repaired before, Lost my money in this country where we can only import stuff from UK and it cost 450 times for one British Pound. Feels so bad guys. Here are some pics of my ECU.

Where can I buy a replacement for this? Is same AUTO ECU will work with my manual car?

Looks like I cannot attach pics, my ECU Ids are - 11A3401824 - Rover MEMS MNE101350 - 0497 - 4123

Edited by chamath, 19 June 2022 - 11:54 AM.

#22 nichmoss

nichmoss

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 08:33 AM

I don't have an SPI but, I do own an MPI and have looked recently at the emissions to resolve an issue (it was the Lambda sensor...).

The workshop manual linked above (the big 372 page manual) on pages 39 and 40 gives the specs for the SPI in manual and Auto forms.  I don't see any difference (quick look) between the two and both ECMs are listed as MNE101350.

In the electrical and circuit diagrams pdf, pages 20.3 and 20.4, I see one extra MEMS input for the auto and that's an automatic inhibitor switch which must be to stop you trying to start the car when in drive.  It removes the earth for the starter relay if the auto box is in gear.  The manual wiring shows a permanently connected earth to that starter relay so, that MEMS input (105) would be unimportant.

You should check all of this but, I don't see any reason from the above that would stop you using an auto MNE101350 on a manual - they have the same part number, it appears, so should be the same.

Can you tell everyone the readings from your tester?  This should confirm which sensors are working correctly - for example, if the Lambda is always one voltage and not fluctuating then there is an issue.

Good luck, Chris

#23 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 02:18 PM

I found an ECU

GQ MNE101351

Mine is - FB MNE101350

Will it be OK in my car?

#24 hungdynasty

hungdynasty

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 06:46 PM

Mine is 1998 JDM SPI manual with ECU MNE 101351, with MPI block and coil and air conditioning.

Edited by hungdynasty, 20 June 2022 - 06:47 PM.

#25 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 06:50 PM

According to this, the MNE101351 is for a "Manual, Mini Std., (VIN) 134455 on, Japan".  The Japanese cars do not have the alarm nor the immobiliser, so the ECU should work. However according to the second website, it appears that this ECU has the capability to operate with an immobiliser. The UK ECU's on the later models had an alarm with an immobiliser which required that both were electronically matched and also the remote key FOB to arm/disarm the alarm. My 94 Japanese Cooper came with a MNE101070 ECU that had a problem draining the battery. The seller gave me also a MNE101170 ECU but the car would not run with it because it required the matched immobiliser being a UK ECU. I had the 1170 ECU rebuilt in the UK and they also reprogramed it to eliminate the immobiliser link.     

https://www.somerfor...og?cPath=100698

https://www.atcdrive...ngle-point.html

#26 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 01:41 PM

Hi All

I need an ECU, I cant find one locally, please if you know a place I can buy one let me know, My ECU is - MNE101350 - Spi 1997

Or if anyone knows a stand alone aftermarket ECU which would not break the bank, let me know

#27 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2022 - 05:28 PM

Update

Yes it was the ECU, we did so many tests, final test was giving a fixed output to the ECU through a resistor so ECU thinks the car is cool, but no matter what input we give, the ECU malfunctions. It cannot process the water temp signal.

We unplugged the water temp and car is not stopping now,

can someone tell me, how the engine is running when we unplug the water temp? is there a open loop system in the ECU? or is it stuck in cold start mode now?

#28 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:31 AM

As long as there is no signal from the water temperature sensor the engine will run in cold start mode. That means rich on gas no closed loop.

You have read all the descriptions on mini spi systems but not understood everything?

Download this manual https://dokumen.tips...ual.html?page=1

Yes it is from a lada niva and describes the TBI system by GM. But the GM TBI system is simular to the mini one. Some parts like the IAC are different but the function is the same.

Edited by genpop, 26 September 2022 - 07:33 AM.

#29 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 12:31 AM

thnaks guys, Im running the car open loop now because I dont have an ECU to replace

is MNE101350 ECU available in UK? how do I find one?

#30 chamath

chamath

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 December 2022 - 02:43 PM

If any god looking at this, please help

I imported a brand new ECU - MNE101351 from somerford UK. It wont turn on the injector. What the hell is this?

The ECU I had was MNE101350, is there a injector difference between these ECUs? my car is 1997.

I thought all my issues were sorted when I put the brand new ECU, but that has another issue,,,how come a brand new ECU has issues like that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users