Photo

Better / Different Door Handles

Best Answer stuart bowes , 16 June 2022 - 12:49 PM

ah that's interesting, thanks

and searching about that led me on to this https://www.theminif...o-door-handles/  which is also useful

found a pair of fully furnished metro doors on ebay for £20 each and nearly out of time, no bids, offered £30 the pair and said take the glass out and sell that if you want to make a few extra quid

worth a punt I suppose

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 10:01 AM

I'm not a massive fan of the mini door handles, I have big hands maybe but they just feel a bit piddly and small and they look kind of old and flimsy.  also I don't like the lock being on the button 

I realise this is just personal opinion and others probably love them or feel like they're an integral part of the original design..

anyway has anyone replaced them with more modern looking handles, I'm more than happy to cut and weld the door panels etc

it doesn't have to be really fancy or anything I'm just thinking more like fiesta handles and locks or other similar types of just having a lift-up flap kind of handle (with remote locking anyway probably)

Ford-Fiesta-MK2-N-S-Passenger-Near-Side-

has anyone done this before, or got any links to other threads on the subject?

thanks 

Edited by stuart bowes, 16 June 2022 - 10:02 AM.

#2 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:45 PM

Australian cars had a flush handle - you may be lucky and find a pair of those in the UK and be able to transfer the mechanism?

#3 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:49 PM   Best Answer

ah that's interesting, thanks

and searching about that led me on to this https://www.theminif...o-door-handles/  which is also useful

found a pair of fully furnished metro doors on ebay for £20 each and nearly out of time, no bids, offered £30 the pair and said take the glass out and sell that if you want to make a few extra quid

worth a punt I suppose

Edited by stuart bowes, 16 June 2022 - 03:04 PM.

#4 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 June 2022 - 09:58 AM

see my build link below, page 4 onwards for how I fitted mine which looks like a slightly different method to the link above

will try and give good views of the mechanism on the inside when I get to that bit 

Edited by stuart bowes, 19 June 2022 - 07:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users