#1 DUF2

DUF2

Formally known as DUFfi

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 12:38 PM

I have 3 vehicles currently only 2 on the road.

I have a 2018 Motorhome (no spare wheel) but breakdown cover is included with insurance and cannot be deleted.

My daily driver is a KIA EV6 (no spare wheel) has manufacturers breakdown cover upto November

Plus my ‘65 Riley Elf, which I am seeking insurance quotes.

I know some classic Insurance now has breakdown cover with it, but I am looking at options for breakdown cover for both my cars. It looks like Autoaid may be the best, unless you guys tell me other.

#2 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 01:24 PM

I pay about £5.60 per month for RAC cover for both me and my partner. Covers us in whatever we are driving and any car we are a passenger in, roadside assistance and recovery anywhere in the UK.

#3 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,885 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 18 July 2022 - 03:41 PM

Have you checked with your bank if you have a Premium account or whatever they are called??

I'm with Barclays and have free Breakdown Cover.

#4 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:25 PM

I have breakdown cover as part of my classics insurance cover with footman James, and this is backed up by AA cover for my daily driver which I used recently for a mini breakdown (coil problem) near home.

I had a truly awful experience with autoaid last year. I was left stranded on a dangerous section of the M6 for hours - they blamed both me and the independent recovery company for the mess - and then when we were finally recovered we were dumped a few miles away in a car park in Walsall. Avoid.

#5 DomCr250

DomCr250

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 19 July 2022 - 03:06 PM

I used the RAC for years and years (well over 15) , but then they started quoting silly prices - well over £225 for three people, covered in any car just UK based.

In the end I went with https://www.rescuemycar.com/ - it was under £75 for all three of us.

The good thing is they cover any car, the AA, RAC and others have started to get silly with their TnC's and have zero customer service skills.

#6 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 19 July 2022 - 03:48 PM

have AA as i also have numerous classics, yes it is expensive but they cover you in any car as driver or passenger. alot of cheaper companies will not rescue anything over 10years old (found this out the hard way with national breakdown years ago)

#7 mini1955

mini1955

Super Mini Mad

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 13 August 2022 - 04:22 PM

I'm with the aa as they are the only ones I have found to deal with classic cars
Most of the others won't touch a car over 10 years old

#8 RooBoonix

RooBoonix

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 08:27 PM

I'm with the aa as they are the only ones I have found to deal with classic cars
Most of the others won't touch a car over 10 years old

Only if you cover the car, if you get personal cover (slightly more expensive) they cover any car you are in or a passenger in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users