Jump to content


Breakdown Cover

  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DUF2


    Formally known as DUFfi

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Location: Swalwell
  • Local Club: Whickham & DMC

Posted 18 July 2022 - 12:38 PM

I have 3 vehicles currently only 2 on the road.

I have a 2018 Motorhome (no spare wheel) but breakdown cover is included with insurance and cannot be deleted.

My daily driver is a KIA EV6 (no spare wheel) has manufacturers breakdown cover upto November

Plus my ‘65 Riley Elf, which I am seeking insurance quotes.

I know some classic Insurance now has breakdown cover with it, but I am looking at options for breakdown cover for both my cars. It looks like Autoaid may be the best, unless you guys tell me other.

#2 RooBoonix


    One Carb Or Two?

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Location: Essex

Posted 18 July 2022 - 01:24 PM

I pay about £5.60 per month for RAC cover for both me and my partner. Covers us in whatever we are driving and any car we are a passenger in, roadside assistance and recovery anywhere in the UK.

#3 sonikk4


    Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

  • Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,564 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Location: Oxfordshire

Posted 18 July 2022 - 03:41 PM

Have you checked with your bank if you have a Premium account or whatever they are called??


I'm with Barclays and have free Breakdown Cover.

#4 MatthewsDad


    Super Mini Mad

  • TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Location: Warrington

Posted 18 July 2022 - 08:25 PM

I have breakdown cover as part of my classics insurance cover with footman James, and this is backed up by AA cover for my daily driver which I used recently for a mini breakdown (coil problem) near home.

I had a truly awful experience with autoaid last year. I was left stranded on a dangerous section of the M6 for hours - they blamed both me and the independent recovery company for the mess - and then when we were finally recovered we were dumped a few miles away in a car park in Walsall. Avoid.

#5 DomCr250


    Super Mini Mad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Location: Berkshire
  • Local Club: 16V mini club

Posted 19 July 2022 - 03:06 PM

I used the RAC for years and years (well over 15) , but then they started quoting silly prices - well over £225 for three people, covered in any car just UK based.


In the end I went with https://www.rescuemycar.com/ - it was under £75 for all three of us.


The good thing is they cover any car, the AA, RAC and others have started to get silly with their TnC's and have zero customer service skills.

#6 coopertaz


    Mini Mad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Location: uk

Posted 19 July 2022 - 03:48 PM

have AA as i also have numerous classics, yes it is expensive but they cover you in any car as driver or passenger. alot of cheaper companies will not rescue anything over 10years old (found this out the hard way with national breakdown years ago)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares