8 replies to this topic

#1 JamesM

JamesM

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:05 AM

Well the bank holiday weekend is fast approaching and that means only one thing. The North Devon Grand Tour. So is anyone else going?

#2 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:23 AM

Hi JamesM

do you have any more info on this for the members who don't already know about it?

#3 JamesM

JamesM

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:19 PM

Yes of course.

The Devon run has been going for a number of years, in aid of the Childrens Hospice. Booking in I believe is on the Saturday of the Bank holiday.

On the Sunday it runs North to South along the coast and the reverse but on a different route on Monday (monday being a Bank Holiday).

Stops are varied and include a fair and teh Children hospital. Around 300 cars take part and the roads are closed just for the Mini's with motorcycles riding ahead.

We are taking four cars from the Saffron Walden & Cambridge MOC, it is looking to be a great weekend. I have never done it, being a quite new Mini owner in my second season. Love to stop for a pint with any of you that are coming down.

Oh I am taking the New Mini this year as my Clubby still isnt quite fixed yet. My fault :D

#4 outcast

outcast

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Local Club: Brown Monkey Mini Club

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:06 PM

This year run is limted to 300 mini.Sadley we are now fulley booked up.IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A TICKET YOU CAN NOT DO IT.DO NOT COME HOPPING THAT YOU WILL BE LET IN,YOU WON'T.If you are doing it come and say hello,i will be helping book people in.

#5 JamesM

JamesM

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:12 PM

Oh sorry yes I should have added that. Sorry.

I was just asking if anyone had already got there tickets and were coming along. Sure I will see you there then outcast.

#6 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 05:13 PM

i was about to say, we had a pub meet at the southern mini owners club and that event came up as fully booked.

Excellent run where the roads are closed and a limited number of minis drive around.

#7 Pippy

Pippy

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:00 AM

Oh I am taking the New Mini this year as my Clubby still isnt quite fixed yet.  My fault :D

May I point out that the New Mini belongs to JamesM's dad!!! :tongue:
If you are a good little boy Daddy might let you have a go at driving!! :D :baaa:

#8 minifun

minifun

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 05:15 PM

I will be there, horpefully from Thursday!!
I'm with SAS moc, look for the flag!! My car is a Mini Cooper 35 with S conversion. Covered in stickers and has plenty of rust.....and dirt if I don't get round to cleaning it!! Anyway pop over and say hello!!
Emma
:D

#9 JamesM

JamesM

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:57 AM

Oh look at you Pippy, late night was it :D. The only reason he is taking me is because he needs to be shown how to drive it properly :D

If we see you minifun I am sure we will all come over.

All excited about going now. Long way from Essex thou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users