5 replies to this topic

#1 Java_Green

Java_Green

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 06:28 PM

I am building a supercharged (~5-10 psi), X-flow (7-port Pierce), port injected with plenum and a single throttle body, ECU controlled fuel and ignition. My aim is to run on ordinary petrol from the petrol station (today RON 95, who knows what it will be in the future....). Anyone with more experience than me that would like to guide me on this one? (I would rather like to tune in CR with dished pistons than increasing combustion chamber volume, this in order to keep down the heated area close to the hot exhaust valves)

#2 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 21 August 2022 - 06:32 PM

Have you talked to Alex Boucher. He is working on something similar currently and will be doing a customer kit I think

#3 Java_Green

Java_Green

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 August 2022 - 08:22 PM

Have you talked to Alex Boucher. He is working on something similar currently and will be doing a customer kit I think

No, I have not. Sounds interesting. Mine is about as far as you get from being a kit. A lot of own design and manufacturing.

I thought that somebody with more experience could guide me on a suitable CR. My internal combustion knowledge says me that with better fuel and ignition control, I will be able to go higher.

#4 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 21 August 2022 - 10:36 PM

Not sure what cylinder head you're looking at getting, however if you run an alloy one, it'll help remove a lot of the heat and aid combustion. I'd be looking at around 9:1, maybe even upto 9.5:1.

#5 Turbo Phil

Turbo Phil

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Local Club: Cumbria Classic Mini Club

Posted 22 August 2022 - 09:41 AM

What supercharger are you using? The inefficiency of the roots type blowers usually requires a lower compression ratio, a centrifugal type on the other hand is far more efficient so the compression ratio can be increased.

Phil.

#6 Java_Green

Java_Green

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 August 2022 - 11:34 AM

What supercharger are you using? The inefficiency of the roots type blowers usually requires a lower compression ratio, a centrifugal type on the other hand is far more efficient so the compression ratio can be increased.

Phil.

It is a roots compressor. Eaton TVS R410. According to the compressor map and where I am supposed be in it, the efficiency will be above 50% and up to 65%. I do not intend to use a intercooler and the supercharger is positioned directly under the plenum (less than 150 mm in-by the way).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users