No replies to this topic

#1 Cyclops63

Cyclops63

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 10:28 PM

Hi all, I presume that I'm posting in the right section as I noticed a post about headlining. 

So, I've just topcoated  my '79 saloon in MG midnight blue from 1971. Sexy... I'd like to put a "tan" interior in it. I know the word "tan" is as popular as "beige" but that's the best way I'd describe the colour of the covers for the rear wings that I've got for my interior. Someone has  corrected me and told me "it's not tan!" - it's Autumn Leaf. Excellent, I now know what I'm looking for. Or do I? I'm struggling to find much info/pics on Autumn Leaf. I end up with more pics of tobacco pouches .I've got a "dark brown carpet set, which I must say is very nice in itself. Tan, I mean Autumn Leaf might not be a very practical floor colour so perhaps the carpets for the AL interior was dk brown?  I've got black headlining. I dont want black headlining. Can I get a plastic paint to colour it AL. If so what colour? I've had a look through the RAL colours and nothing quite matches. Of course, comparing colours on screens is like ......  I censored myself there  - luckily!

So my questiones are....

A: What is Autumn Leaf? Is there an online resource I can check to see what trim options were availble? I'm not dead set on recreating the exact interior as it came out of the factory.

B: Is there a colour that , by common concensus, we now accept to be a passable alternative for AL and where would it be available.

C: If B is a yes, then would it be feasible to recolour headlining etc using the miracle paint for fabric.? I know there are issues with soggy headlining which no proprietary cream will resolve. I may have to lighten the black headlining first....

D: Does anyone do an off-the-peg AL interior, thereby bypassing most of the above and leaving me completely skint over the festive season?

40 years, nay 10 years ago, I'd never have dreamed of installing a "tan" interior. Now, here I am. utterly consumed by the thought of it. Strange how tastes change.... Years ago Claudia Cardinale, Jill St. John, Raquel Welch were regarded as beauties. Now it's Kim Kardashian, Cardi B and someone off youtube... 

It's a funny old world  :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users