21 replies to this topic

#16 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 09:13 PM

Hi Spider! Hehe, no no. Either I've explained it wrong or you've not understood me. Those questions... is it a 'non-return' valve, how is it connected...etc etc, refers to this item:

1rtjqYk.jpg

NOT the PCV. I have known the PCV valve for years.

#17 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 23 January 2023 - 11:13 PM

I believe that is a modern type PCV valve with spring loaded internal plunger and goes between the engine breather and the carbs tee,the correct way round.Steve..

#18 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 12:31 AM

I believe that is a modern type PCV valve with spring loaded internal plunger and goes between the engine breather and the carbs tee,the correct way round.Steve..

Cheers Sonscar! What company sells this?

#19 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,993 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 24 January 2023 - 02:01 AM

Hi Spider! Hehe, no no. Either I've explained it wrong or you've not understood me. Those questions... is it a 'non-return' valve, how is it connected...etc etc, refers to this item:

1rtjqYk.jpg

NOT the PCV. I have known the PCV valve for years.

Like this;-

As you don't have CCV Ports on the Carbs, I'd suggest connecting the Crankcase Breather tube to a PCV Valve, then to a T piece to the Brake Booster Hose, on the Manifold side of the Non-return Valve.

A after-market replacement type PCV Valve with 13 mm fittings for a small car would be fine.

#20 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 01:31 PM

Hi Spider, we definitely don't understand each other. I was asking about this new valve you showed me. If adapting it I don't need to buy the PCV one. And what company sells it? That's all.
Cheers
Luis

#21 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,993 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 24 January 2023 - 06:51 PM

Hi Spider, we definitely don't understand each other. I was asking about this new valve you showed me. If adapting it I don't need to buy the PCV one. And what company sells it? That's all.
Cheers
Luis

Hi Luis, yes, we are not understanding each other too well.

We have many local sellers of the PCV Valve, but they aren't international stores. Most Auto Parts Stores have them. The one I posted here was likely from a Toyota Corolla. Is this what you were asking ?

#22 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 January 2023 - 09:46 PM

Hello Spider! Yes, that was what I needed to know. Mainly, if fitting this valve I might not have to buy the PCV one. Today in P&L Minis LTD they told me that they don't have it. It was the only place where I had seen it at a reasonable and affordable price.

Cheers
Luis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users