#1 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:21 AM

Hi all, several years ago I bought a spare gearbox, which was advertised as rebuilt at the time. It's a 22G1128 remote box, with crucifix driveshaft outputs and correct mini diff cover (no sandwich plate), and I've also got a remote shifter housing and a bag of associated gubbins plus the gear stick itself to go with it.

I think it's running a standard 3.44 diff but I'm not 100% certain on the ratio. It'll either be a 3.44 or potentially a 3.76, more likely to be 3.44 though as that was what I was looking for at the time.

It turns freely and all of the gear teeth look decent from what I can tell. 

This has sat around in a dry workshop in New Zealand, wrapped in clingfilm since I bought it. I've now relocated to the UK and it's prohibitively expensive to bring it back with me, so would ideally like to look at selling it in NZ rather than keep it sitting around for many more years to come in my dad's workshop - that seems like a bit of a waste!

It could probably do with a decent clean up and there is some minor surface corrosion but overall it looks in pretty decent nick, probably best to judge yourself from the pics though as admittedly I am no gearbox expert.

If anyone can shed some light on the potential value of this to sell, or reveal any more useful info about it from the pictures that I might not be aware of, I'd be most appreciative! Thanks in advance.

hNOXe1j.jpg

DPK6oCB.jpg

0iwumST.jpg

#2 MiniMadRacer

MiniMadRacer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 08:28 AM

I am not convinced its a cooper box looking at the output shafts... you would need to count the teeth on the laygear to confirm

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,947 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:39 PM

Get in the hand luggage.

on a serious note part numbers off the lay gear is a good place to ID the gear set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users