238 replies to this topic

#196 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 01:20 AM

Why anyone would by a vehicle from Electric Jesus is just beyond me! I know Ferrari has some similar purchase agreements too, but this takes it to a whole new level. Here’s his latest trick:

If you buy a Cybertruck, Tesla says you can’t sell it for a year. Whatever you think of its windshield wiper (https://www.theverge...r-investigation), if you are the first owner Tesla intends for you to hang onto your electric truck.

Tesla’s order agreement says “You agree that, you will not sell or otherwise attempt to sell the Vehicle within the first year following your Vehicle’s delivery date,” without getting permission. Breaking the deal could result in your truck being remotely deactivated. 

#197 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 07:21 AM

That’s it, I’m not buying a cyber*uck.

Edited by PoolGuy, 21 February 2024 - 09:35 PM.

#198 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 21 February 2024 - 10:44 AM

to anyone on here who believes the elctric car relaibility pitch, i attended brother in laws hyundai santa fe over the weekend as he couldn't get it out of neutral or turn off the car to leave it secure. disconnected 12v battery and restting was the fix. 45K and still just need to turn it off and on again. at least if / when mini blobs you can lock it and go to pub!!

#199 petey81

petey81

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 21 February 2024 - 08:24 PM

I believe it. I work in the industry....

#200 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,186 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 24 February 2024 - 06:46 AM

Why anyone would by a vehicle from Electric Jesus is just beyond me! I know Ferrari has some similar purchase agreements too, but this takes it to a whole new level. Here’s his latest trick:

If you buy a Cybertruck, Tesla says you can’t sell it for a year. Whatever you think of its windshield wiper (https://www.theverge...r-investigation), if you are the first owner Tesla intends for you to hang onto your electric truck.

Tesla’s order agreement says “You agree that, you will not sell or otherwise attempt to sell the Vehicle within the first year following your Vehicle’s delivery date,” without getting permission. Breaking the deal could result in your truck being remotely deactivated. 

That's like 10 steps too far !

They can stick their EV rubbish where the sun don't shine.

#201 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 February 2024 - 07:10 AM

The public are wising up to it, Polestar are being offloaded by Volvo, that Morris EV has been promising ’pre-order’ for literally years now and looks like going down the pan. It’s all a bloody joke

#202 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,958 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:26 AM

woL7Ypj.jpg

"A giant Chinese cargo ship, Explorer No 1, ploughed through the English Channel this week and on Wednesday ended its five-week voyage from Shenzhen, just north of Hong Kong, at a Dutch port, where it unloaded 7,000 made-in-China electric vehicles (EVs) destined for the forecourts of car dealerships across Europe, including Britain.
The EVs were its only cargo. Explorer No 1 was built by China’s BYD, now the world’s biggest maker of electric cars after overtaking Tesla last year, with the sole purpose of transporting EVs to Western markets.
BYD was worried that there wasn’t enough transport-ship capacity to meet its ambitious sales targets for Europe. So it built its own. Seven more Explorers — yes, seven — will soon be heading our way on the high seas with the same exclusively EV cargo.
Europe will this year be deluged with Chinese EVs. German and French carmakers are already up in arms. They simply cannot compete. Chinese EVs are around 20 per cent cheaper than their European competitors — and that’s before generous discounts of up to €12,000 (£10,250). Only this week the head of French car giant Renault wondered aloud if the European car industry could survive the Chinese onslaught..."

ANDREW NEIL: A tsunami of cheap goods from China is about to slash inflation:-
https://archive.ph/1XLFP

#203 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:28 AM

Make them free, I still don’t want one.

#204 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 28 February 2024 - 12:27 PM

DITTO

#205 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 28 February 2024 - 04:49 PM

Aston Martin delays electric debut as drivers ‘still want petrol sports cars’.
"Aston Martin has delayed the launch of its first electric car as the luxury marque’s chairman admitted that drivers still want “the sports car smell, feel and noise” of a petrol engine. Drivers outside of cities still wanted the experience of driving a petrol-powered sports car.
“What we are feeling is there are people that still want some electrification to drive around the city for five, or 10, or 15 miles but still have the sports car smell and feel and noise when you get onto the auto routes.” Market demand is not “what we thought it was going to be two years ago”. Consumer demand is just not at the pace of all the analysts and the politicians.
Aston Martin will use hybrid cars, which use both battery and internal combustion motors, as a “bridge” to fully-electric models for now. Aston Martin is the latest car manufacturer to express caution about the speed of the switch to EVs amid a slowdown in sales. Government rules mandate that 22pc of all new car sales this year must be fully electric, rising to 80pc by 2030. Manufacturers risk fines if they fail to hit the targets.
However, consumers have baulked at high prices and a lack of charging infrastructure.
Mercedes has also insisted it will keep making internal combustion engine cars “well into the next decade” amid slow consumer uptake.
Aston Martins emphasis on the experience of driving a petrol-fuelled car versus a battery vehicle highlights the concerns among sports car makers about whether quiet electric engines will hold the same appeal with motorists. Meanwhile Ferrari has patented a method of reproducing the sound of its high-performance petrol and diesel engines as its electric models are revved up...."
https://www.telegrap...stry-ev-doubts/

#206 Steam

Steam

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Local Club: Victorian Mini Club

Posted 29 February 2024 - 01:22 AM

Make them free, I still don’t want one.

I'll have one if their free, even second hand some EV numpty will buy it from me. Then I can put the money towards a real car. ;-)

#207 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 08 March 2024 - 10:37 PM

Some Chinese electric cars are 'almost uninsurable' in Britain. Issue is linked to a lack of parts and expertise to repair cars following crashes.
"In the UK, an insurer's job after any accident is to return the vehicle to pre-accident condition, if this cannot be achieved (safely or economically) then the vehicle needs to be written off; whilst this may seem obvious, China and other global markets follow a different approach.
A combination of focusing on repairing cosmetics over certain structural elements and significantly lower labour rates can affect their repair approach.
Replacing a whole vehicle side, or complete boot floor and rear section is not unusual in China, and therefore body repair manuals, and the type of spares provided, reflect that. 'In the UK, time is of the essence in vehicle repair, so we look to manufacturers to optimise the way repairs are done and the provision of spares.'
https://www.thisismo...le-Britain.html

#208 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,958 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 05:01 PM

After the 'Dieselgate' scandal do we now have 'Batterygate' ?  :lol:

How far electric cars fall short of their advertised range...
https://www.thisismo...hicle-rank.html

#209 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 12 March 2024 - 05:11 PM

After the 'Dieselgate' scandal do we now have 'Batterygate' ?  :lol:

How far electric cars fall short of their advertised range...
https://www.thisismo...hicle-rank.html

To be fair to EV's (yeah I can't believe I wrote that) it's not really any different to the inaccurate MPG figures that manufacturers have to provide, they're not real world figures. EV's are still the devils work though.

#210 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 12 March 2024 - 07:37 PM

Last year 32% of UK electric was generated by gas.Our illustrious leaders have announced more gas power stations but they will not impact on net zero.Gas only pollutes when it is inside domestic dwellings it seems?You could not write such a script.Steve..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users