1 reply to this topic

#1 Manutdbo1

Manutdbo1

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 05:29 PM

I have had a little mini designer for a few years now not really done anything with it I seem to have all the trim minus the left hand side length :(. Currently setting up to restore I would like to keep the car pretty much as it is. However I would like to upgrade certain parts I am currently thinking vtec upgrade b18c variant (prob the 6) however I don't want to cut the frame so I will probably put my sensible head on and maintain her as a classic... UNLESS there are any frames that allow me to do this with out mods to the frame.. if this fails I have a brand new factory sealed engine for the old girl that will get put in.
Is there any conversion frames that people know of that I can keep the frame intact ? She is rusty in the normal places so quite a way off committing. I am settle that I want the old frame with newer tech underneath hidden away however,
Alot of old information but not much new, that I can find most stuff seems to be 2005-2015 era any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
My first post so hello to all I may have caught the mini bug.

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,841 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 26 February 2023 - 10:00 AM

Welcome to TMF.

My vote is for stay original.....not many Mini Designers left that are restored to original spec. and that still have all their original features intact.

Beware storing it on what looks like grass/leaves/soft ground for any length of time as it will rapidly accelerate rusting & corrosion from below.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users