5 replies to this topic

#1 E23TFD

E23TFD

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 March 2023 - 06:40 PM

As I have a converted SPI to carb car the wiring is somewhat a lot of redundant wires/blocks and work arounds.

To tidy the bay anyone with above in good condition please let me know or even a damaged loom so I could make one up using as template.

Edited by E23TFD, 18 March 2023 - 06:51 PM.

#2 Lucas1988

Lucas1988

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Local Club: Frome Mini Club

Posted 19 March 2023 - 03:21 PM

Surely it would be simpler to just buy a brand new loom as they do them for that age of car with the carb models

#3 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 19 March 2023 - 03:56 PM

I would buy a roll of wire and some terminals and rewire it one wire at a time using the same colour,wrap it in look tape and close the bonnet.This may not be to everyone's taste.Steve..

#4 E23TFD

E23TFD

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 March 2023 - 06:01 PM

Surely it would be simpler to just buy a brand new loom as they do them for that age of car with the carb models

You’re not wrong in simplicity. In cash Minispares main loom is about £300 and Minisport is £700 so not sure if the spares is all that’s needed. But either way it’s a sizeable chunk of change.

As you say Steve that is an option, as ever it’s getting the right girth and not being short on the length (wires, clearly)

#5 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,727 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 19 March 2023 - 09:04 PM

It is not like rewiring a modern car.An easy weekend would cover it.Be methodical and you will have no problems,Steve..

#6 Lucas1988

Lucas1988

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Local Club: Frome Mini Club

Posted 20 March 2023 - 05:24 PM

You’re not wrong in simplicity. In cash Minispares main loom is about £300 and Minisport is £700 so not sure if the spares is all that’s needed. But either way it’s a sizeable chunk of change.

As you say Steve that is an option, as ever it’s getting the right girth and not being short on the length (wires, clearly)

minispares and minisport both get their loom from the same supplier: autosparks if i remember rightly, so better to go to them direct. It certainly means that you do away with the need to have to think about issues further down the line plus they use upgraded modern wiring so you don't have the issues of electrical gremlins, plus you never know with a secondhand loom whether there are any issues thus why someone has removed it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users