Photo
- - - - -

Mini Day At Brooklands This Sunday (26Th Mar)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slidingdog

slidingdog

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 March 2023 - 12:36 PM

Hi all, just thought I'd post this for anyone not aware of the Mini Day event at Brooklands, this Sunday 26th March.

https://www.brooklan...s-mini-day-2023

First time going for me, I'm looking forward to taking on the test hill! :blink:

#2 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 March 2023 - 11:47 AM

Attended the Brooklands Mini day, the weather wasn't great so the test hill wasn't in operation, but a good selection of Minis and MINI's on show despite the weather.

#3 slidingdog

slidingdog

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 10:10 AM

Attended the Brooklands Mini day, the weather wasn't great so the test hill wasn't in operation, but a good selection of Minis and MINI's on show despite the weather.

Yes shame about the test hill, at least it meant I went home with my clutch intact so maybe for the best :lol:

Still had a good time though, lots of nice mini's to look at!

#4 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 29 March 2023 - 03:35 PM

Apropos the test hill.

In the 1920's, my mother had a Clyno, an English car that almost became an up market Austin or Morris. partly because the cars were renowned for 4 wheel brakes, that worked.

It didn't have a differential, instead, when cornering, it had a ratchet, (maybe a Sprag Clutch) that allowed the outer radius wheel to rotate, un-powered, faster than the inner wheel.

A convenient by-product was that on a hill start, the car would not run backwards.

To reverse, the hand brake was applied, then, as the pawl lifted to disengaged the hand brake ratchet, cables were engaged that somehow released the axle / wheel ratchets.

Later cars lost this feature when differentials were fitted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users