2 replies to this topic

#1 Bobs2293

Bobs2293

Passed Test

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 09:56 AM

I’ve been adjusted my lost gap today on my 1993 SPI. I’ve been following the instructions perfectly on memsfcr.co.uk.

At what point are we checking the lost gap? Mine is not centred with the ignition off. But if I turn the ignition on and manual move the throttle cam it settles in the centre (I’ve adjusted it to centre at this point). Is this normal??

Also

When I turn the ignition on. My steeper motor clicks away. But it doesn’t make any noise when I turn the ignition off. Is this normal?

For info. Car has been idling perfectly. Just doing routine maintenance. Making sure it’s set up correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

#2 madazv8

madazv8

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 May 2023 - 11:00 AM

Hi,

According to memsfcr page the ecu should "remember the settings" which is a rather odd statement considering adjusting the throttle cable has nothing for the ecu to actually remember.  Mine is centered with the ignition off,  but that's how I centered it,  I didn't do the ignition on - throttle movement bit, which is my error.  I will go back and re-check mine with this method when I get a chance.

My stepper motor moves when I turn it on AND when I turn it off.

Wish mine would idle perfectly lol

#3 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 01 May 2023 - 02:54 PM

The stepper is probably operating correctly,going to home when turned off and then opening a remembered number of steps when turned on.Steve..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users