Photo

Mk V Boot Lid Replacement

Best Answer mab01uk , 07 May 2023 - 11:25 AM

All bootlids from Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, Mk5 to the very last MPi Minis will fit any Mini, the earlier rubber seal attached to the lid is preferred by most Mini enthusiasts if in good condition.... but it can be removed if you want to use the later seal attached to the body. If you wish to fill the holes for the clips then you could probably use some suitable size small blind rubber grommets.

Mk4 door should also fit a Mk5 no problem.....on earlier Mk3/4 doors there were some changes to the door check arm rubber seal area in 1986.

http://www.minispare...ic/ADA5671.aspx

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Richard_

Richard_

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Local Club: ISMOC

Posted 07 May 2023 - 09:56 AM

Hi. I've got a 1989 mkV mini. The bottom edge of the boot lid is rusted and there are some dents which I have tried to repair with limited success. Time for a new lid I think.
Someone local is selling a lid which seems rust and dent free but is off a MK3 or mk4. The seal is attached to the lid whereas my original is fixed to the boot opening.
Does anyone know if the earlier lid will suit my car if I can simply remove the rubber and fill the fixing holes?

Also would a MK4 door fit my Mk5 without altering anything?

Thanks.

Edited by Richard_, 07 May 2023 - 09:58 AM.

#2 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,806 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 07 May 2023 - 11:25 AM   Best Answer

All bootlids from Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, Mk5 to the very last MPi Minis will fit any Mini, the earlier rubber seal attached to the lid is preferred by most Mini enthusiasts if in good condition.... but it can be removed if you want to use the later seal attached to the body. If you wish to fill the holes for the clips then you could probably use some suitable size small blind rubber grommets.

Mk4 door should also fit a Mk5 no problem.....on earlier Mk3/4 doors there were some changes to the door check arm rubber seal area in 1986.

http://www.minispare...ic/ADA5671.aspx

Edited by mab01uk, 07 May 2023 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users