11 replies to this topic

#1 MINI7

MINI7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

Hi, I was up north last night and had left my mini outside of the house as usual. Anyway I get a phonecall at 7am from my mum, her 06 corsa has been robbed but so has the keys to my mini. It has all the keys on there and the imobiliser fob.
The strange but is my car had only been moved about 6 feet, and had even been locked up again and the imobiliser set. Very strange i know so i have taken no chances tonight.
I have a hire car and a neighbours car sandwiching him in. I have also deflated the front tires. I have even put little blocks of wood either side of the wheels just incase they do get it moving they will have to rev the car to get over the wood.
Im wondering what people know about the mpi's imoboliser. Im thinking now that i will never see my keys again and i have put a claim on my insurance. Can i get replacement fobs or am i up s**t street.
Hope someone knows something :lol: you usually do :w00t:
Cheers
Ian

#2 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

hmm, im sure you can stil get fobs!! just trying to find where!! i think landrover still used the same fobs if u cant find a rover dealer!!

take out the battery tho lots harder to steel it if it has no go!!

#3 MINI7

MINI7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:54 AM

hmm, im sure you can stil get fobs!! just trying to find where!! i think landrover still used the same fobs if u cant find a rover dealer!!

WOW i never thought of that till now, but they have my keys and the boots got its own key, on the bunch :lol:

#4 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:00 AM

well u can get new lock sets!! ignition barrel is possibly a bit harder to get hold of!! immobliser fobs must stil be available!!

#5 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:10 AM

Fobs are a Dealer fix. They need programing to the imobiliser. I do believe that it also changes the codes so that the original ones cant be used again.

Dealers your best bet, oh and dont buy them off ebay, theres some scammers on there, there are several different ones and they still need programming by the dealer.

#6 MINI7

MINI7

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for your info :lol:
its in the insurance's hands for now but i will keep all this in mind.
Cheers again
Ian
ps whats the chances of a thief coming back a 2nd night, hope they do as they wont come back a 3rd time

#7 fikus01

fikus01

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:12 AM

its not wise to encorage violence and threatening behavoiur on a public website!! having said that if u cut off they're hands and feet and snap them in half they wont be stealing any more cars!!

#8 Silicon Skum

Silicon Skum

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:21 AM

WOW i never thought of that till now, but they have my keys and the boots got its own key, on the bunch :lol:

Pop the bonnet up and pull the plug from the ECU, then disconect the wire going to the starter solenoid, the car will be completly dissabled. Personaly, I would just drill out the door and boot locks to gain access, and replace them. They will need to be changed anyway.

Oh, and a bit of wood witha 6inch nail through it (pointy side up), placed under the driver's seat cussion would make them think twice about stealing the car ( if it gets "used", just be sure to remove it before the police find it....or they'll do you for it). :w00t:

SS

#9 sqweaka

sqweaka

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:26 AM

Pop the bonnet up and pull the plug from the ECU, then disconect the wire going to the starter solenoid, the car will be completly dissabled. Personaly, I would just drill out the door and boot locks to gain access, and replace them. They will need to be changed anyway.

Oh, and a bit of wood witha 6inch nail through it (pointy side up), placed under the driver's seat cussion would make them think twice about stealing the car ( if it gets "used", just be sure to remove it before the police find it....or they'll do you for it). :w00t:

SS

hahaha like the nail idea

#10 cctij69

cctij69

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Local Club: NIMAS

Posted 15 November 2006 - 10:47 AM

Hope u get it all sorted mate!

#11 BabyBek

BabyBek

I love sheepies

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Local Club: TMF and South Wales Minis

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:58 AM

In my vague memory I seem to remember going to a Rover dealer about getting a second fob when I first got my car. I think they said £60.

Like I say... its a very vague memory, but might give u a bit of a clue on pricing... I hope!

#12 Dev

Dev

Fiat 500 'Ringer

• Banned
  • 1,549 posts
  • Local Club: NF500

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:32 PM

the immobiliser can be bypassed by using the wiring diagram.

you dont need to reprograme the ecu though as i found out when i changed mine.

but that could have been a one off.

Dev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users