10 replies to this topic

#1 minicooperr

minicooperr

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2023 - 07:01 AM

Could anybody share with me a picture of how the fuel hard line from the pump should be routed up to the carb, cant seem to find anything online 

#2 colinf1

colinf1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 04 July 2023 - 08:26 AM

It comes up in-between the body and subframe, behind the steering rack 

52898065690_6728ba679b_b.jpg

52864916652_a94533cc91_b.jpg

52818338397_30c9c0a762_b.jpg

52998696790_c6e6ef2110_b.jpg

Its then about 50mm flexi to fuel pump (if using mechanical one) then 50mm flexi to metal pipe that runs to carb behind exhaust manifold, then small 50mm flexi to carb bowl. 

#3 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,960 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 04 July 2023 - 08:28 AM

Could anybody share with me a picture of how the fuel hard line from the pump should be routed up to the carb, cant seem to find anything online 

It is poorly routed unless you have a standard exhaust. If you have an LCB route it better.

#4 minicooperr

minicooperr

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 July 2023 - 10:23 AM

It is poorly routed unless you have a standard exhaust. If you have an LCB route it better.

I do have a LCB so I am wondering what is the best way to route it, I have the bit running under the car no problem and I have the hard line to go from the pump to the carb and its this bit I am wondering where to route and does it fix to anything?

#5 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,490 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 04 July 2023 - 10:30 AM

I tweaked mine to sit against the bulkhead through a P clip screwed through the bulkhead to secure the pipe

#6 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 04 July 2023 - 10:37 AM

i made use of the unused airbox stud on the HIF setup to run the hardline over the top of the inlet manifold

fMnXBIV.jpg

#7 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 05 July 2023 - 10:03 AM

as standard just floats around, used p clips with rubber inserts and secured to bulkhead

#8 Lplus

Lplus

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 04:15 PM

as standard just floats around, used p clips with rubber inserts and secured to bulkhead

Personally I leave it floatiing between the mechanical pump and the carb inlet.  It's fairly short and both ends are connected to the engine.  Clipping to the bulkhead means all movement between engine and bulkhead, however small, will have to be absorbed by the flexible piping. 

#9 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 06 July 2023 - 07:04 PM

It has never been clipped to the bulk head on our 1988 Mini Designer just floats. Have had no problems with it and being like that it makes taking the carb off (if need be) that much easier.

#10 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 10 July 2023 - 10:50 AM

hope you are not running like this with overflow open and no pipe clip on fuel line to right of carb? re; fitting to bulkhead just personal preferance but valid points made

i made use of the unused airbox stud on the HIF setup to run the hardline over the top of the inlet manifold

fMnXBIV.jpg

fMnXBIV.jpg

#11 Davidmt

Davidmt

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 February 2024 - 10:27 AM

Just in the process of renewing my fuel lines.   I have an electric petrol pump and have fitted a filter pre-pump so don't really need another before the carb.  However why don't you just remove the hard line behind the carb and fit a fuel line direct from the lower hard line to the carb - surely this would be less joints to leak?  Is there any reason to keep the extra hard line when you don't have the mechanical pump?

Thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users