Photo
- - - - -

Wiring Diagram

Best Answer stuart bowes , 06 July 2023 - 08:39 AM

in fairness not one of them mentions the mayfair, I had this same problem

If I recall correctly this is the closest one I found which suited my loom when I was checking through it 

https://www.theminif...ttach_id=193855

still though it pays to carry out full continuity testing and tick things off the chart one at a time, you might find some minor corrections to pencil in and also it's worth doing the testing anyway to check faults.  check with the switches connected if you can because sometimes you find issues with them, like my headlight switch went in the bin and my indicator stalk module needs replacing

while its out you can consider modifications like adding relays and new wiring for the headlights, deleting the dim/dip relay and resistor (if fitted, top right of diagram in dotted box) and so on

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Propshaft

Propshaft

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 07:13 AM

I have a 92 mini Mayfair on a single carb has anyone got a wiring diagram for this model I bought the car in bits with the loom taken out and nothing tagged so a diagram would be really useful
Thanks

#2 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,939 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 06 July 2023 - 07:29 AM

At the top of this very section you'll find just about every wiring diagram;-

https://www.theminif...agrams-redrawn/

#3 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 06 July 2023 - 08:39 AM   Best Answer

in fairness not one of them mentions the mayfair, I had this same problem

If I recall correctly this is the closest one I found which suited my loom when I was checking through it 

https://www.theminif...ttach_id=193855

still though it pays to carry out full continuity testing and tick things off the chart one at a time, you might find some minor corrections to pencil in and also it's worth doing the testing anyway to check faults.  check with the switches connected if you can because sometimes you find issues with them, like my headlight switch went in the bin and my indicator stalk module needs replacing

while its out you can consider modifications like adding relays and new wiring for the headlights, deleting the dim/dip relay and resistor (if fitted, top right of diagram in dotted box) and so on

Edited by stuart bowes, 06 July 2023 - 08:42 AM.

#4 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,489 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 06 July 2023 - 11:07 AM

I use the 89 onwards diagram. There's 2 fuses and an extra relay that are different from diagram 18 in Haynes

#5 Propshaft

Propshaft

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 06:44 AM

Hi Stuart don’t seem to be able to get the link you posted I can get onto the first link sent by one carb or two but can’t down load any which one of them is the one you used and how can I down load them

#6 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 09:41 AM

you should be able to right click on my link and chose 'save link as' which should bring up a save-as box and you put it where you want ?  pdf file

it's possible your browser hasn't got the PDF reading ability ?

if that saves and then just shows up as a white square unrecognised file you need to install adobe acrobat it is free

when looking at the original list it is this one I've highlighted in bold

From Rover repair manual AKM 6353 1976 - 1989

Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM MINI 850 SALOON VAN AND PICK-UP 1976 ON.PDF   125.67K   232 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM MINI 1000 SALOON - MINI SPECIAL 1976 ON - PAGE 86-5.PDF   130.15K   717 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM MINI CLUBMAN, ESATE AND 1275GT 1976-ON PAGE 86-7.PDF   134.73K   132 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM MINI SPECIAL - 1977-78 PAGE 86-9.PDF   132.34K   106 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM MINI 1000 CANADA - 1977 ON PAGE 86-11.PDF   140.69K   79 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM MINI SPECIAL - 1979 PAGE 86-13.PDF   138.44K   168 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM SINGLE INSTRUMENT PACK 1984-ON PAGE 86-34.PDF   124.84K   451 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM MULTI INSTRUMENT PACK 1984-ON PAGE 86-36.PDF   135.19K   720 downloads
>>>>>>  Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM 1988-ON - PAGE 86-49.PDF   168.13K   913 downloads <<<<<
Attached File  ROVER MINI TWIN GAUGE INSTRUMENT PACK WITH INTEGRAL VOLTAGE STABILISER - PAGE 86-50.PDF   165.36K   245 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI TRIPLE GAUGE INSTRUMENT PACK WITH INTEGRAL VOLTAGE STABILISER - PAGE 86-50.PDF   167.65K   513 downloads
Attached File  ROVER MINI WIRING DIAGRAM TURBO MODEL - PAGE 86-53.PDF   98.95K   89 downlo

Edited by stuart bowes, 07 July 2023 - 09:42 AM.

#7 Propshaft

Propshaft

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 02:31 PM

Hi thanks for the reply I only have an I phone and I pad I will see if I can get abode acrobat just tried it’s £6-99 a month so don’t think I will bother with that thanks for your help

Edited by Propshaft, 07 July 2023 - 02:37 PM.

#8 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,489 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 07 July 2023 - 08:55 PM

Hi thanks for the reply I only have an I phone and I pad I will see if I can get abode acrobat just tried it’s £6-99 a month so don’t think I will bother with that thanks for your help

View this thread on a PC, the file should download automatically

#9 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 09:01 PM

is there not a free or cheaper version, try searching for 'pdf viewer' instead of specifying adobe acrobat

normally acrobat is a free thing though quite why they would need to you pay that much per month is crazy, I wonder if that;s an 'pro' version or something where you can edit and create pdf's instead of just viewing them

Edited by stuart bowes, 07 July 2023 - 09:02 PM.

#10 gazza82

gazza82

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+

Posted 08 July 2023 - 08:17 AM

Propshaft,

Just get Adobe Reader .. free versions for all platforms ..

Been using it since the year dot ....

https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Edited by gazza82, 08 July 2023 - 08:18 AM.

#11 Propshaft

Propshaft

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 July 2023 - 07:40 AM

Hi I have got the free version of abode reader and cancelled the pay one just got to work out how to use it you have probably now realised I am not good with modern technology

#12 gazza82

gazza82

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts
  • Local Club: TMF+

Posted 09 July 2023 - 08:35 PM

Hi I have got the free version of abode reader and cancelled the pay one just got to work out how to use it you have probably now realised I am not good with modern technology

What are you using it on?

#13 Propshaft

Propshaft

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 07:09 AM

All sorted know thank you all for your input

#14 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 09:39 AM

This is interesting.  I have regularly accessed these diagrams from my iphone & ipad during my rebuild, and never had any issues.  They just open in safari, adobe not needed. That said I also have adobe installed on both with no payments made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users