14 replies to this topic

#1 ac427

ac427

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 02:17 PM

Does anyone on here use A-Plan insurance for there Mini?

Edited by ac427, 21 October 2023 - 10:47 PM.

#2 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 02:19 PM

https://www.theminif...-2#entry3749246

#3 MiniMadRacer

MiniMadRacer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 07 August 2023 - 03:25 PM

I use them for my road cars, (non minis), and my classic car renewals are due very soon so I will give them the option of taking them over from Flux, if the cover and price are right. 

#4 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,082 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 07 August 2023 - 09:43 PM

Yes, they are really good. See my earlier post with their contact details.

#5 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 08 August 2023 - 06:34 PM

Use Peter Taylor - they used to be independant but are now part of A Plan.  They handle the classic car section - same staff as previously, great people

https://www.aplan.co...peter-s-taylor/

#6 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,082 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 10 August 2023 - 07:54 PM

Use Peter Taylor - they used to be independant but are now part of A Plan.  They handle the classic car section - same staff as previously, great people

https://www.aplan.co...peter-s-taylor/

Yes, I originally telephoned Peter Taylor and because both my Minis are fully prepared rally cars, they transferred my enquiry to Emma at A-Plan. 

#7 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 August 2023 - 07:14 PM

Well that sucks!

#8 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 27 August 2023 - 11:11 PM

Yes I use them but when I renewed my insurance for my Mini in June the premium went up by £40.00, I can only assume it was because Peter Taylor has joined A plan.

Allan

#9 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 29 August 2023 - 07:16 PM

I've dealt with them for years.  My heart did sink when I heard they had been taken over by A Plan.  I had a long chat, detailing my reservations about A Plan with the lady at Peter Taylor, who assured me all would be fine (classics at least).  My modern cars are now with A Plan and they've been all over the place with additional fees etc (I complained as they were not listed on their renewal and got them taken off).  I did try to move to Direct Line but they were so much more expensive.  Why does everything go down the toilet?  I was so happy dealing with Peter Taylor for all my auto insurance needs and actually talking to someone who was knowledgeable.

#10 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 29 September 2023 - 08:49 PM

just insured my 2nd mini at the same price as last year with A Plan ,they could not tell me why the premium for my 1st mini was £40 more expensive than the 2nd mini ?That I insured in June 2023, also still have not sent my insurance documents for my 1st mini, defiantly not as good a service as when it was Peter Taylor !    A real shame, the trouble is life is all about maximum profits now, customer service does not matter any more,

Allan

Edited by Aly-g, 29 September 2023 - 08:52 PM.

#11 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 30 September 2023 - 08:03 PM

Just moved my S5 from A Plan, insurance went up from £280 to £740 in a year!  They would not explain why.  Found a deal for £350. Bye Bye A-Plan

Edited by floormanager, 30 September 2023 - 08:04 PM.

#12 TXCollector

TXCollector

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2024 - 01:17 PM

Just renewed the insurance on the wife's mini Mayfair, Hagerty wanted £288, called A-Plan (now Howdens) and got her the same cover for £89 and that's with an agreed value too!! So no complaints with A-Plan here.

#13 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 July 2024 - 06:42 PM

just moved from Howdens to Adrian Flux , Howdens couldn't  even be bothered to send my renewal quote and i'm still waiting for my insurance documents from last year for my 2nd mini , I received my documents from Adrian flux the very next day after insuring with them, Peyer Taylor were a brilliant  company before being taken over and now no one seems to care ! great shame such a good company seems to have gone the way of most other rip off insurance company's. 

#14 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,958 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 23 July 2024 - 06:50 AM

Recommendations on the Mk1 Forum by people who know the insurance industry recommend checking who underwrites your policy from any Insurance Broker as they essentially act only as a post office when it comes to any  claims, with very little authority. Experience and feedback from many policyholders also suggests when it comes to an actual claims it is better to have AGEAS over KGM any day as the underwriter.....a search of Trustpilot reviews, etc also seems to confirm this.

Agreed Value Insurance:-

http://mk1-forum.net...=37906&p=333572

I only found this out after recently signing up with Heritage Insurance (underwritten by KGM)....i think next year I will looking to switch to a policy underwritten by AGEAS !

Edited by mab01uk, 23 July 2024 - 06:53 AM.

#15 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 July 2024 - 05:53 PM

just moved from Howdens to Adrian Flux , Howdens couldn't  even be bothered to send my renewal quote and i'm still waiting for my insurance documents from last year for my 2nd mini , I received my documents from Adrian flux the very next day after insuring with them, Peyer Taylor were a brilliant  company before being taken over and now no one seems to care ! great shame such a good company seems to have gone the way of most other rip off insurance company's. 

My sentiments exactly,  I'd been with Peter Taylor for 20+ years, now they are dreadful.  I was heartbroken when Peter Taylor announced they had sold up, they were so helpful on the phone and anything in the post arrived the next day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users