4 replies to this topic

#1 K 5ive

K 5ive

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:44 AM

Hello everyone, hope you are all well. I don't drive a Mini, i drive an SD1 Rover vitesse 4.6.
Anyway i used to own a light Metallic Blue Mayfair as my first car back in 1990, i PX'd it in a garage outside of Farnum in Hampshire in Feb/March 92. I last saw it parked outside Queen Marys college in Basingstoke, many years ago. Maybe it is in the same area still. It comes up on the DVLA site as still taxed and on the road so it must be an enthusiast that owns her. I am desperately trying to find her with the intention of buying her back and hope that someone can point me in the right direction as i would really love to be re-united with her. When i had her i resprayed the arches light blue to match the car, possibly the Mirrors as well. She also had a chrome grille and K&N pancake filter. I also cut rear speakers into the parcel shelf that were Clarions. It also had a 1275 GT Speedo as the original broke. The reg is C29* RYJ. Please help. Below is one that i have found on E Bay that is like her, although i hope RYJ is in better condition!

Posted Image

Edited by K 5ive, 16 November 2006 - 12:52 AM.

#2 mini bunnykin

mini bunnykin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:16 AM

hello welcome to the forum

hope you find your mini soon and are reunited

x

#3 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:55 AM

Aw, welcome to TMF

Hope you find the lil' thing...! :w00t:

#4 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:32 PM

i would recommend posting up in Mini chat here with a title such as 'Help my find my old mini' or something, there's a chance someone has seen it, also the regional section of the webnsite may be of use to you, find out if anyone is around the basingstoke area?..

good luck mate! love stuff like this!

#5 K 5ive

K 5ive

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

I forgot to say that i put some big black Ring Phazer Spotlights on as well, may still be on there or replaced with something else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users